Simple Chording

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Estochin
New User

Simple Chording

Post by Estochin »

I'm new to X Mouse.
I searched for Chording and didn't get what I was looking for:

A simple chord of pressing both left & right mouse buttons at the same time to perform a "copy" as in copy and paste.

I already have Logitech SetPoint assigning my middle button (the wheel button) to perform a Paste, just need a chord to perform a Copy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jim
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simple Chording

Post by phil »

Hi Jim,

"Button Chording" is an action in the dropdown for buttons - right near the top - its also in the user manual etc etc. not sure how you missed all that?

NOTE: You have to setup a primary button to chord on (suggest right rather than left). Because XMBC works at windows message level (not driver level) it only works on the order the messages come in (rather than at driver level which can delay doing anything a few microseconds/milliseconds and change how it behaves much easier) XMBC has to wait for the first button to then determin what happens when the second button is pressed - and thy can NEVER be pressed at exactly the same time (as far as Windows messages is concerned).

The reason I suggest using the right button as the primary chord is that chording can impact that button (block it until it detects a chord or not) which may impact some programs that block injected messages - causing the buttons to effectively do nothing in said programs (online games commonly block simulated/injected input to prevent cheating).
chord.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Estochin
New User

Re: Simple Chording

Post by Estochin »

Thanks Phil - I appreciate your time in helping with this.

Best to all!

Jim