XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by Kukurykus »

Ah right, when you release beta 3, not earlier.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

2.19 Beta 3 is here.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 2:
  • #612 - Improved {} button, detect pressed keys to auto add the key text where appropriate
  • #649 - 'During' simkeys don't always get released when sent from a button chord
There is a new language template for beta 3.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

612 works as you expected. There is problem with some keys like CapsLock that changes to on/off, Tab that skips to next blank, Delete that deletes brackets and probably more...
Tab and Delete buttons work as should now, but Caps / Num / Scroll Locks still change the state of button when pressing it while clicking {} button. Is there chance to make it won't make on/off, or at least revert the previous state when LMB is released from holding {} button?

btw because of implementing above is 613 cancelled?
Add a drop-down/button to select simkey tags when entering simulated keystrokes
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I Don't know about the lock keys - they are tricky because the state is set in the keyboard itself. So I would effectively have to toggle the state again after receiving the key - possible but not sure it is absolutely worth it. The WIN and APPS key is another tricky one as I cant block those either without setting another global hook and again, the effort required vs the reward I think its probably not worth it and all that!

No 613 is still on the list - this is just a different way of doing it - and its quite nice but does still involve holding a mouse button down and pressing a key - some people will prefer a menu that can be done without any need to press a key at the same time as doing somehting else :).
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

If that won't be hard for you then the best (since I think simplest) solution would be undoing the action bound to one of those mentioned keys. So when for ex. CapsLock is disabled and I hold LMB on {} button then it switches to enabled state indeed, but when LMB is released the XMBC makes it's disabled again.

I don't know what you mean by APPS key. Is it FN used together with other one? But for WIN key there is similar solution. So when you use mouse with {} button, it is going to press ESC (before releasing LMB in this one case), to cancel popped START window.

The #613, dropdown list will be useful for something I think we have not talked yet about. So extra support commands like: wait/hold(ms), clear, cb, madd, od, ou, or etc. You could make dropdown only for them, or if for keys that have to be pressed as well then first group on top and the next on bottom. Or maybe two dropdown lists (triggered by distinct buttons), each for other group.

BUG 1: There are 2 Enters/Returns on keyboards. In Photoshop there is distinction between them. For ex. when writing text the 'traditional' return is to skip to next line, while the enter in bottom right corner is for confirming changes.

In XMBC you have only regular Enter, so we can't use via simkeys that second. Maybe name one of them 'Enter' while the second 'Return'? Additionally when I tried new feature to insert them inside {} it named and used 'middle' Enter, even when I pressed 'corner' Return.

BUG 2: Enable/Disable XMBC bound button doesn't work when XMBC panel is open. To enable/disable it I have to choose it by mouse from XMBC tray icon menu.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I have done it (the caps lock thing). More difficult than you might imagine (well complex, not actually difficult). but there is not surprise there!

#613: Coming in next beta and no doubt again and again after that as you find reason to complain :lol:

Bug1. Yes missed that (its one of a few keys that use the same virtual key code but have an extended flag) - fixed in next beta.
Bug2. Not a bug. Global hotkeys ARE NOT active when the setup window is open. Has always been this was and IS documented <sigh>.

No idea why your post needed approval. I was off making 2.19 beta 4 and not "on" the forum.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes, you were on forums meantime replying to the other topic where later I asked you to check what is going on? But if you say no, then... the most important is my post is back! :D

I will 'complain' more for sure, that has only one purpose - to help you make XMBC bugs free, and with all new features (at least those I use) taken to higher level than initially given ;)

Interesting note: after opening XMBC menu the disable/enable hotkey doesn't work in fact, but when XMBC panel is still open and I disable/enable it from tray menu, the hotkey starts to work :/
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

2.19 Beta 4 is here.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 3:
  • #652 - Simkey tags {OD} and {OU} do not work as expected for method 3 DURING
  • #617 - Add simkey tags to lock axis and invert axis
  • #612 - Improved {} button, filter out (LOCK toggle keys/LWIN/RWIN/APPS)
  • #613 - Add a drop-down to new '{}' button to select a simkey tag from a menu
There is a new language template for beta 4 - lots of new strings to translate (all of the new simkey menu!)

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

In Press / Release of Other Tags there is no & character between 7 and 9 numbers (same in JavaScript).

Special keys (under functions, and last four under Home, End, PgUp, PgDn) I can activate holding 'FN' key:

{WEBHOME}{LMAIL}{SEARCH}{LMEDSEL}{ALT}{LWIN}{LWIN}{SHIFT}{LWIN}{LWIN}{LAPP2}{}{PAUSE}{APPS}{SCROLLLOCK} - I think you call them media tags, but I can't find them in Simulated Keystrokes.

Additionally with some of them there is problem. Some insert LWIN, while Print Scr is empty {}.

Other problem you already solved for WIN and LOCK keys is for SEARCH (Windows search), ALT (ALT-TAB), also for logging out or turning off computer that react for pressing them instead of displaing their simtags.

Image with my current keyboard Logitech K360: https://images.morele.net/i1064/407665_3_i1064.jpg

btw. see if you didn't miss previous post of me in this theard where in last line I wrote interesting thing.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 pm Interesting note: after opening XMBC menu the disable/enable hotkey doesn't work in fact, but when XMBC panel is still open and I disable/enable it from tray menu, the hotkey starts to work :/
All the global hot keys appear to be working for me WHEN the XMBC setup window is CLOSED (they only ever work when the main window is closed) - are we talking about different things?
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 pm In Press / Release of Other Tags there is no & character between 7 and 9 numbers (same in JavaScript).
LOL yes becuse I need to put two &&'s as a single & is for underline (ALT+NUMBER) - What do you mean (same in javascript) though?
Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 pm Special keys (under functions, and last four under Home, End, PgUp, PgDn) I can activate holding 'FN' key:
Not sure what you mean?
Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 pm {WEBHOME}{LMAIL}{SEARCH}{LMEDSEL}{ALT}{LWIN}{LWIN}{SHIFT}{LWIN}{LWIN}{LAPP2}{}{PAUSE}{APPS}{SCROLLLOCK} - I think you call them media tags, but I can't find them in Simulated Keystrokes.
Not sure what you mean - do you mean they are not in the menu? Not in the text? There are some key tags I didnt put in the menu because as far as I could tell, they dont work/do anything in XMBC or when pressed on my MS media keyboard...
Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 pm Additionally with some of them there is problem. Some insert LWIN, while Print Scr is empty {}.
Need to now all with a problem - I'll chec PRtScr - but what ones put {LWIN} instead of what it should be?!
Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 pm Other problem you already solved for WIN and LOCK keys is for SEARCH (Windows search), ALT (ALT-TAB), also for logging out or turning off computer that react for pressing them instead of displaing their simtags.
OK I thought there may be more of those... Ideally a list of them all but I'll have a play and see what I can find too!

I've spent all day on this so Im not going to spend any more time on it today!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

1) double click on XMBC icon to open XMBC panel
2) hotkey to enable/disable it, does not work
3) LMB on XMBC icon and disable/enable XMBC
4) hotkey to enable/disable it, does work

For me it's okey. I like the effect.
Just let you know there is a leak.

I code in JavaScript, where is the same thing about ampersand sign.

For the rest of your questions I linked you in previous post to my keyboard image.
You can compare all those simkeys I wrote in a row to icons you see on the keyboard.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 pm 1) double click on XMBC icon to open XMBC panel
2) hotkey to enable/disable it, does not work
3) LMB on XMBC icon and disable/enable XMBC
4) hotkey to enable/disable it, does work

For me it's okey. I like the effect.
Just let you know there is a leak.
OK, I'll have a look - I think I know why that happens (because when re-enabling it re-installs the hotkeys - it probably shouldn't do that if the window is open - because it can mess up the window that edits the hotkeys!)
I code in JavaScript, where is the same thing about & character
Ahhh yes, OK - simular but completely different.. In HTML it has to be escaped &amp; :)
For the rest of your questions I linked you in previous post to my keyboard image.
You can compare all those simkeys I wrote in a row to icons you see on the keyboard.
OK it will take me some time. Some of the keys simply dont work for me - maybe that my setup, maybe its my microsoft keyboard!.
I had a quick look and I cant at the moment block WIN+L (logout) no matter what I try - I suspect because Windows if getting it REALLY low down! Worse, when you do that and log back in, its a mess with that text box - going to take some thought but I fear I will simply not be able to block WIN+L and <some> other WIN+ keys)

Anyway not something for tonight!
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

:hide:
That's what it means to be a bad tester and rarely visit the forum. Thanks for the work you've done.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

2.19 Beta 5 is here.

Changes since v2.19 Beta 4:
  • #658 - Fixed bug breaking modifier keys after locking/unlocking workstation (reinstall hooks)
  • #657 - Global hotkeys should be disabled in settings dialog
  • #656 - Fixed issue with modifier keys not distinguishing between extended keys and normal keys (e.g. numpad vs arrows)
  • #654 - Store log folder, profile & last update check in persistent settings file in portable mode
  • #653 - Layer modifier keys for layers 6-10 not working
  • #612 - Fixed issues with simkey dialog when pressing button and tapping keys to add the tags
There are no changes to the language template for beta 5.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--