Double click the mouse button 7 at the factory. When the 7 button is pressed, the program will indicate the left mouse b

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
bogiboy
New User

Double click the mouse button 7 at the factory. When the 7 button is pressed, the program will indicate the left mouse b

Post by bogiboy »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: win10 pro 1909
Mouse Information (brand/model): ZUOYA MMR3
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i7-7700k 32GB RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): -
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): -
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: hungarian

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I bought a new Chinese mouse:

g oo g l e : "ZUOYA 5500 DPI Gaming Mouse 7 Button LED Optical Wired USB Mouse Mice Game Mouse Silent"

mouse driver: HID compatible mouse
Microsoft - 10.0.18362.1
Driver Name: msmouse.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Mouhid

Double click the mouse button 7 at the factory. When the 7 button is pressed, the program will indicate the left mouse button.
How can I use the X-Mouse Button to reprogram the factory-programmed "double click" button into the "refresh page" button?
Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Double click the mouse button 7 at the factory. When the 7 button is pressed, the program will indicate the left mou

Post by phil »

I'm afraid XMBC can not do this (currently).
Most of these cheap mice that have an extra button that double clicks, simply sends two single clicks - in hardware.
Although it is on the list of things to consider for the future, XMBC is unable to remap a double/triple click t the moment and given the potential difficulties in doing so in user level software, it may never make if off the wish list (I wont know till I find some time to try -no idea when that may be).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
bogiboy
New User

Re: Double click the mouse button 7 at the factory. When the 7 button is pressed, the program will indicate the left mou

Post by bogiboy »

Dear Phil,
Thank you very much for taking care of my problem.
Gabor
bogiboy
New User

Post by bogiboy »

phil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:15 pm I'm afraid XMBC can not do this (currently).
Most of these cheap mice that have an extra button that double clicks, simply sends two single clicks - in hardware.
Although it is on the list of things to consider for the future, XMBC is unable to remap a double/triple click t the moment and given the potential difficulties in doing so in user level software, it may never make if off the wish list (I wont know till I find some time to try -no idea when that may be).

Regards,
Phil
Dear Phil!
I have asked a similar question before (a little more than 3 years ago).
I would like to know whether it is expected that the program can manage (reprogram) the "Fire button" or "double click" mouse buttons that have been found on gamer mice for a long time.
I am currently using the portable program of version "2.19.2", only now my problem is that I do not see the 6th or 7th programmable button. Could this change recently? I really miss these features.
I would still use the "fire button" to refresh the active page of a web browser.
Thanks to:
Gábor
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No it is not possible, and it wont be possible (in XMBC) until Microsoft / Mouse manufacturers send the messages from these buttons through the standard windows mouse message hook (which is unlikely as the windows messages only support up to 5 buttons).

This is covered in the FAQ, is completely outside of my control and wont be changing any time soon as far as I know.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)