Unique Issue With Tekla Structures - SOLVED!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
fredz19

Unique Issue With Tekla Structures - SOLVED!

Post by fredz19 »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro build 1809
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech G700s
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): I9-9900K 3.60 GHz, 32.0 GB Ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Not sure? I've tried older versions and still have the issue.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Kind of? It wasn't an issue on an older computer, upgraded, and now it's an issue. Both computers were Windows 10 Pro, but maybe different builds? Switch occurred some time last year in the fall.
How long have you used XMBC?: Almost a decade... at least 8 years I'd say. Big fan, have donated a few times, intend to donate more!! Love this software!! Hope to see it keep getting love/updates.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English, Qwerty.

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: The issue is a unique one... It's X-Mouse causing an issue in another program (Tekla Structures V21.0). When my mouse cursor scrolls over the top of another window/program that does NOT have a profile within X-Mouse causes important dialog information to disappear from my Tekla Structures window.

I have a link to a video to demonstrate the issue, but as a new user to this forum I cannot provide a link. To anyone that would like one, perhaps I could message you a link?
Last edited by fredz19 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredz19

Re: Unique Issue

Post by fredz19 »

Sorry should have included this, to clarify, this is not an issue with X-Mouse disabled/closed. If I create a profile for the window, it's also not an issue... however this is a very inconvenient work-around as it's cluttering up my X-Mouse profiles FAST.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sounds really weird... I have manually upgraded you to a "normal" forum user so you should now be able to post links and images etc.
I cant yet imagine what the problem would be - hopefully a video will make things clearer.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

Here is a link to the video https://www.screencast.com/t/RAVCEDcjiHZs

Notice how when I hover my mouse over "LMTOOLS" window, aspects of the Beam Properties dialog vanish.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ok officially weird! No idea what could cause that. Can you pm me a copy of your profile?

I’m out tonight but may get some time over the W/end to have a look. Although I suspect I’m not gonna be able to reproduce as I doubt that software is ‘available’ to me which will make it rather tricky I suspect!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

When you say "mouse cursor scrolls over" do you mean moves over or do you mean when you actually scroll the mouse wheel when the cursor is over the other window? The video does not make that clear because I cant see what you are doing with the mouse at the time :).

If you mean "scroll the wheel over another window" then have you tried disabling the (global) general setting "make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor"? Did it make any difference? Also, try turning off "Activate window when scrolling" if its on.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

Phil,

I sent you the profile as you requested.

This is when I "Mouse Over" no scrolling involved, sorry for the poor wording.

By default I run with those suggested settings turned off.

Thanks for looking into this for me, I sure appreciate it!
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

WOW Sometimes just talking it out and discussing issues with another person reveals a solution!

I went into my default profile to poke around and see the settings... I then turned off "Force Scroll Lines/Pages(If application does not respond to setting)" shown in the attached snapshot. Problem solved for now? It doesn't seem to be an issue any more.... Hopefully I can clean up my application profile list now!!!

Thanks Phil!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.