Simulated Sticky 7 not work anymore if another Simulated Sticky 6 is triggered in the middle of Sticky 7 running

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
doneykoo
New User

Simulated Sticky 7 not work anymore if another Simulated Sticky 6 is triggered in the middle of Sticky 7 running

Post by doneykoo »

XMBC Version:
-- 2.18.8 Portable
Windows Version: win 10
-- (18362.295)
Mouse Information (brand/model):
--
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
--
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
-- no.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
-- not sure, but I guess so.
How long have you used XMBC?:
-- more than 3 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:
--

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

# Reproduce steps:
1. set a mouse button (e.g., mouse button 4) to "Simulated Keystrokes, 7 Sticky, repeatedly until button is pressed again", input custom keystroke "1"
2. set 2nd mouse button (e.g., mouse button 5) to "Simulated Keystrokes, 6 .Repeatedly while the button is down", input custom keystroke "2"
3. apply setting and close the settings dialog.
4. open any application like notepad to test keystrokes.
5. press the 1st mouse button (e.g., mb4), see that the keystroke "1" repeatedly sent.
6. during the sticky keystroke "1" repeatedly bing sent, press the 2nd mouse button (e.g., mb5), hold any duration (no matter short or long) and release

# Result:
The sticky keystroke "1" of the 1st mouse button doesn't work anymore.
and in the log file, such logs can be seen:
24-08-2019 14:49:52.783> Caught an exception in mouse hook...
24-08-2019 14:49:52.783> exception is unknown!
# Expected behaviour:
The sticky keystroke "1" of the 1st mouse button continue to work properly when 2nd mouse button of sticky keystroke is triggered.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulated Sticky 7 not work anymore if another Simulated Sticky 6 is triggered in the middle of Sticky 7 running

Post by phil »

I'll try and have a look (busy this weekend though), but just to be clear, XMBC can only run one repeating keystroke at a time (and has always only been able to do this) so if you have a repeating sequence going, and then press a button to start a new repeating sequence, the first will stop. It should have any exceptions though.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
doneykoo
New User

Re: Simulated Sticky 7 not work anymore if another Simulated Sticky 6 is triggered in the middle of Sticky 7 running

Post by doneykoo »

hi, thanks for your reply.

yes, I agree that only one repeating simulation running at a time is acceptable, and quite reasonable.

In this issue, the exception is that, when the bug occur, the 1st key strokes never works again. Not only it does not continue simulation after 2nd key finish, but also it cannot be triggered again after that.

I could remember about several months ago, there wasn't this issue. (even with 2.10.2 Portable that I used to be using)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I will add it to my list of things to look at.
I would appreciate a copy of the DEBUG log (turn on debug logging in settings -> updates and logging tab). Then recreate the issue.
I'll get back to you when I get a chance to look at it (not this weekend as Im away now).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
doneykoo
New User

Post by doneykoo »

hi, I re-extracted the portable application to start from brand new, and reproduced the issue with DEBUG log option on.

uploaded here: (the forum forbids external domain url)
https
drive_google_com/open?id=1J4gpHtgrG2QgecuXLNvapnwGvrpIq9ja

XMouseButtonControl - copy - 2019-08-24_18-44-46
170 KB
wlfkfdmfgksp
New User

Post by wlfkfdmfgksp »

This problem is still persisting in 2023. Are they still looking at this or did they give up? Does anybody know?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Who's they?
I certainly haven't given up, but anything in XMBC takes MY precious time, there is no THEY just one of ME I'm afraid!
And on top of that this one seems to have passed me by somehow. I guess it never actually got added to the bug list...
It is there now but dont expect any immediate miracles Im afraid.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I found the problem and it should be fixed in the current beta (2.21 Beta 18) which may get patched into 2.20.5 eventually, or if not, released as 2.21)
--[ Phil ]--