update resets and request more buttons pushed together

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gaia
Dedicated

update resets and request more buttons pushed together

Post by gaia »

XMBC Version: v2.18.8
Windows Version: windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): logitech 7 buttons
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 3 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

hi
may i ask few questions?
1) does windows store mouse settings in the registry ?

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]

2) would really amazing have in the future version the possibility to click in the same moment 2 buttons (for example left & right ) or (mouse button 4 and 5 together ) to perform an action
it will even most powerfull
could be done ? Or is there a limit?

3) update Xmouse 2.18.8 , clean install but hotkeys & modifier keys are empty ,is it normal?

4) well i know i ask too much , but i have seeing steermouse under mojave macos imac
i would really love have shortcuts (hotkeys & modifier key) for each program and maybe detect the urls

thanks
Site Admin

Re: update resets and request more buttons pushed together

Post by phil »

1. Windows does but XMBC does not. It uses an XML settings file (more portable than the registry).
2. Look at Button Chording - it has this sort of behavior.
3. Yes that's normal - if you want to use hotkeys or layer keys you a) need to turn them on and b) define the keys you want to use.
4. Im not quite sure what you are getting at on this one. I think you may have missed the point of xMbc - its for controlling the mouse behavior in different programs. Hotkeys and layer modifier keys are to modify the behavior of XMBC not other programs (other than changing the mouse buttons for those programs by switching layers for example).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:31 am 1. Windows does but XMBC does not. It uses an XML settings file (more portable than the registry).
2. Look at Button Chording - it has this sort of behavior.
3. Yes that's normal - if you want to use hotkeys or layer keys you a) need to turn them on and b) define the keys you want to use.
4. Im not quite sure what you are getting at on this one. I think you may have missed the point of xMbc - its for controlling the mouse behavior in different programs. Hotkeys and layer modifier keys are to modify the behavior of XMBC not other programs (other than changing the mouse buttons for those programs by switching layers for example).
hi Phil
1) if i change mouse settings via windows control panel ,does windows store all these settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse ? does windows store all mouse settings only here?

xmouse -> default -> scrolling & option -> do these settings change windows mouaw settings ,don't it?

2) button chording , do you think xmouse will have this feature in the future?

4) yes , i know ,just love xmouse and hotkeys + mouse button will make xmouse really amazing powerfull
thanks Phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

1. Yes that is where windows stores all its mouse settings. XMBC does change some of those.. the scroll speed and the cursor speed and maybe one or two others but when you exit XMBC,. it should put them back to what they were when it loaded. XMBC can change the values on the fly (as you hover over different applications/windows if you so desire).

2. XMBC Already have button chording. It has had for several years.
For example, here I use it so that the right button in combination with other buttons/wheel controls all things media...
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 am 1. Yes that is where windows stores all its mouse settings. XMBC does change some of those.. the scroll speed and the cursor speed and maybe one or two others but when you exit XMBC,. it should put them back to what they were when it loaded. XMBC can change the values on the fly (as you hover over different applications/windows if you so desire).

2. XMBC Already have button chording. It has had for several years.
For example, here I use it so that the right button in combination with other buttons/wheel controls all things media...
Capture.PNG
Hi Phil
1) well , i like when i close xmouse it should put back the windows mouse settings ,is only the portable version ?

2) Wow , i started to use xmouse years ago ,always loved it , i did not know about it , i guess it's more powerfull then i know
so for example i should click a button and after a second button , can 't click both at same time?

3) i use both portable at work ,installation home , may i know what does/have the installation more then the portable? I remember reading this forum , that the installation does include more feature or work even better

thanks Phil ,always very kind!
Site Admin

Post by phil »

1).. What bit about "it should put them back to what they were when it loaded" did not make sense? When you exit XMBC it should put everything back to what it was when it loaded - portable or installed version.

2) In theory it will be very unlikely to click both at the same time - if not impossible as far as windows are concerned, even if its microseconds different one message WILL come before the other. So no, without device driver (or mouse hardware itself) changes, you cant detect both at exactly the same time. So as far as Windows and XMBC is concerned you are always pressing one before the other - the key to setting up chording is that you set up the button you expect to press first. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid!

3) Portable has some limitations. Some actions that rely on Windows accessibility tools (like for example opening the WIN+X system menu in windows 10) will not work in portable mode This is because Microsoft FORCE accessibility tools to be installed under the programs files folder (i.e. not portable).
There are some other things (maybe WIN+TAB on varying versions of Windows). So yes the installed version works better basically but many people wont notice the difference!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Good you found chodring finaly. Probably there are more users who missed this and other features though used XMBC for years.

It would be nice if some willing graphic made something like front page with nice illustration where are presented all most useful features like Simulated Keystrokes, Button Chording and Button Held.

So on one screen friendly shown all these three flagship features, cleary stated what each is about with very small but understable examples.

For ex. in the middle there could be mouse (or in the background with 50% opacity), while in the left upper corner Button Held, on right upper corner Button Chording, and on middle bottom Simulated Keystrokes (or on left bottom corner while on the right upper corner some other common features in the nutshell).

That would let easily imagine at first sight what we can do with XMBC. I believe replacing highrez to such nicely done introduction site would encourage people to use Phil product.

XMBC has so huge potential that it's pity the effort of invetor to be wasted.

Please don't say it's offtopic again ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not off topic - yay :)
Re-doing the website is a nice idea but something that not really my main skill set and its not something I want to spend any money on... Perhaps its an area that could be user contributed! I think the main XMBC website could certainly do with some updates - its been a while (never mind the root page you linked - maybe XMBC needs its own root page rather than hanging off my shoddy 22 year old homepage (LOL :x) but I think that is a discussion for another thread!
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 am Not off topic - yay :)
Re-doing the website is a nice idea but something that not really my main skill set and its not something I want to spend any money on... Perhaps its an area that could be user contributed! I think the main XMBC website could certainly do with some updates - its been a while (never mind the root page you linked - maybe XMBC needs its own root page rather than hanging off my shoddy 22 year old homepage (LOL :x) but I think that is a discussion for another thread!
Hi Phil
honestly i really like the homepage , clean and simple , maybe a youtube video that can show some of the amazing things that can do xmouse could be nice in the homepage

can I just ask another question ?
at work i use xmouse portable and i use firefox and chrome , is there a way to let xmouse distinguish a browser like chrome installed on different computers ?
there is specific window but i guess it does't help
in short add an application profile for chrome that can work only on a computer and not on another computer
i guess process PID doesn't help

would amazing acceleration but windows doesn't allow and maybe a feature like mission control present to mac , move to the up right or left corners or down right or left corners to activate specific actions
thanks Phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

So you want to share the same profile on two computers (work and home)? Currently I dont think there is any way to do that. I could add it, but Im not sure how many people would find that useful rather than confusing (to have a computer name in there too). Maybe I could modify the process or window title to look for a special tag <PC:Computer1>Chrome.exe allowing you to abstract it - but in a more hidden way (of course that might actually make it more complex).

Regarding the mission control thing...
I'm not sure if this is what you mean You can already specify WINDOW REGIONS (top left, bottom right or a user defined rectangle) for a profile so one window can be divided into multiple areas and have different button mappings in each area.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm
Regarding the mission control thing...
I'm not sure if this is what you mean You can already specify WINDOW REGIONS (top left, bottom right or a user defined rectangle) for a profile so one window can be divided into multiple areas and have different button mappings in each area.

Thanks,
Phil
hi Phil
i have tried to create a window regision ,top left for example to log off or shutdown the compter , no luck
can xmouse log off or restart or shutdown windows?
i guess only with run application cmd shutdown /s -> restart shutdown /r -> log off shutdown /l

about
I'm not sure if this is what you mean You can already specify WINDOW REGIONS
i wasn't able to do it
https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 75#p19275
thanks
Site Admin

Post by phil »

On the one where you said...
i did what have you suggested and i can get almost my task
So close but not quite there. Is that because you want to do it globally for the monitor, regardless of the window?
I didn't realize you had asked before :)

Regarding shutdown - no no such options in XMBC but no reason it wouldn't work the way you suggest (shutdown /r /t 0) for example - does that work or not?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes it's conversation for other theard. So if you want to find someone for maybe open one? I believe there are some willing contributors that love XMBC so much to do such front page for free. Probably there are some users you know they will do that for you using their skills with pleasure.

Actually XMBC is one of your products, but the most important to be on front.
Now it's at www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm
which info could be on subpage or just under proposed content.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

It's clean & simple but empty also and does not say enough much by few images / words how powerful it is.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 am On the one where you said...
i did what have you suggested and i can get almost my task
So close but not quite there. Is that because you want to do it globally for the monitor, regardless of the window?
I didn't realize you had asked before :)

Regarding shutdown - no no such options in XMBC but no reason it wouldn't work the way you suggest (shutdown /r /t 0) for example - does that work or not?

Thanks,
Phil
hi Phil
i create some bat files and converted to exe, i tried but under w8 don't work ,under w7 yes
thanks