pdgup and pgdown not working correctly

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
taylor1277
New User

pdgup and pgdown not working correctly

Post by taylor1277 »

XMBC Version: 2.18.7
Windows Version: 8.1 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech 510 mouse
Computer Information: ? what computer info do you need? entered windows version
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: yes I had to reinstall windows, that is what techs do today
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: less than 6 months
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: default keyboard and language is english

Clear description of the problem: uhh well the problem that I am having is the pdown works it doesn't go directly to the bottom on one tap, but it at least feels better to click than to scroll. my other problem is that the pgup doesn't go up and at. if I am at the bottom of the page and click the button to get to the top it goes about 4 lines, more or less not sure, but then it just doesn't go any further. doesn't go to the top at all. I just released it works great on this site, but then it isn't a long webpage with lots of material. I was going to post the website that I was on but I seen that was a no no. thought that might help

( one thing I would like to ad is if the programmer reads this, I like another tool online that no one updates or does anything with, very useful tool like Xmouse) maybe you can look at it and decide if it is something that you would take over, update and ad to your arsenal of great programs. it is called toddler keys. it saved my ass quite a few times when I had to walk away from my system. thanks for all the help)
phil
Site Admin

Re: pdgup and pgdown not working correctly

Post by phil »

Hi Taylor,

Firstly, if you want to put the link to the web page thats fine (so long as its not dodgy content :)) but new users are not allowed to post links simply because the amount of spam bots I get trying to post links! That restriction goes away after 5 posts or so (but I will manually move you out of the new user group so you should be able to post links now).

OK, To the problem.
1. I presume you are talking about the drop down button mapping option PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN?
2. Is this in any particular browser or all (which have you tried)? Does it also happen in Word/Notepad etc?

Have you tried "Simulated keystrokes" and then {PGUP} / {PGDN} tags? Probably they behave the same but it would be good to now.

I'll take a look at toddler (what does it do?) - but beware, I'm really struggling for time to spend on XMBC right now let alone adding any new tools or big new features!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
rqw9123
New User

Post by rqw9123 »

I just found this post, and it explains how to do what I want the Mouse Buttons 4 & 5 to do. Which is to emulate hitting the keyboard PgDn & PgUp keys within any reader or editor.

Thanks for making the X-Mouse driver. My Logitech Trackman mouse driver had been acting up, so I purged it from my Windows system (and I found pieces of it everywhere). Then I found X-Mouse & its Simulated Keys method. This is perfect. I will never install any other mouse driver from now on.

Rick
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Glad to hear that XMBC works for you Rick!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)