XMBC on/off hotkey problem or my incompetence.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
WhoActuallyCares
New User

XMBC on/off hotkey problem or my incompetence.

Post by WhoActuallyCares »

XMBC Version: v 2.18.7
Windows Version: Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Razer DeathAdder Elite
Computer Information: Good one.
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: Nope.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: Nope.
How long have you used XMBC?: A few days just testing it for game macros.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: German.

Clear description of the problem: Well i tried to hotkey an button to Enable/Disable XMBC but it did not work. Probably im stupid but i tried for some hours. So the main thing i want to use XMBC for is an macro for an shooter. So i used "simulated keys" and the macro was "{LMB}{WAITMS:FireIntervalHere}" well i got it working and all that but using it by pressing the mouse button on the left side of the mouse was annoying. My mind set was to get an key bind for one of the left mouse side keys that i press once to turn XMBC on or off and to bind the macro to my left mouse button. Well I used Settings > Hotkeys > Other Hotkeys and binded the on off button on my arrow down key and in my mouse software i put the arrow down key on one of the left sided keys. It did not turn it off or on it did nothing and im stuck at this point. I would appreciate help alot.

Thanks!

-edit: Sorry for my bad english.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC on/off hotkey problem or my incompetence.

Post by phil »

OK I am a little confused... I will try and decode your wish...

Do you want to press a side button (button 4 or 5) on the mouse to toggle the behaviour of the primary (left) mouse button for use in this game?

If do, then you should be able to do this without using hotkeys etc. instead you can use layers.
Set button 4 or 5 to switch to layer 2. You can do this using simulated keystrokes and use {LAYER:2}
Then on layer 2, set the same button to simulated keystrokes {LAYER:1} AND set the LEFT mouse button to your simulated keystrokes macro (with the fire delay).

Now you can use button 4 (or 5) to switch between layer 2 and layer 1 (each time you press it once) and when on Layer 2, the left button will run your simulated macro with the fire delay.

If required you can do this all in a specific profile for the game so as not to interfere in any other application.

Thanks,
Phil

PS: Regarding your username... I care :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
WhoActuallyCares
New User

Post by WhoActuallyCares »

It is working now, i guess im dumb. :D

Thanks alot for the great and fast help phil!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not dumb - XMBC is quite complex and can do some complex things - its not all that easy to get your head around (I freely admit I could do better if I had time and it was my paid job :)).

Glad its working anyhow!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I never play with donations but make subscription model, then I'll pay for it for sure.

It's very powerful tool and there is no concurrency, so you won't risk users won't understand this decision.

I know you want it free as that was your passion to develop it, but now when you don't have time for XMBC it's better for people to pay for it and have more updates like in the past.

Still you can have limited demo or trial version, for simulated keys, button held and button chording to some degree, but when someone uses it every day then had to purchase for advanced version.

Regular fee of few bucks each month is a good deal for your great work. And remember these days XMBC is more like finished application, you don't do anymore only for fun.

Make some security system anyone couldn't distribute it, so some Serial and Product keys etc. I think you'll be more happy having more money for your effort if you'll do it.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't know why you have brought this up here (in a completely off-topic post)??? But I'm not quitting my job any time soon - I would have to sell billions of copies/subs of XMBC to compensate for that. So I won't have more time for XMBC even if people were to pay. So no, not going to happen.

I'm really not interested in making money from XMBC. What I get from donations generally goes towards the hosting costs for the download website/VPS's and the little left over comes in handy now and again to buy more mice and the odd pint of beer :).

And I really don't mind if people don't donate. Its called donations for a reason - its completely optional and does not get any favors in return.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I read all new posts on this forum, and when I saw your "I freely admit I could do better if I had time and it was my paid job" I spontaneously reacted. You're right XMBC is not proably used by so many people (yet) to make money on.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD