Mouse Lags in Excel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

Mouse Lags in Excel

Post by xlook »

XMBC Version: latest
Windows Version: win 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse
Computer Information: MSI H110M Gaming
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: 4 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: english

Clear description of the problem:

Theres a 1- 2 sec lag when interacting with Excel. For example, to grab the window at the edge I need to click and wait 1 - 2 secs to do so. I dont have this issue with any program except with Excel.

I read that the issue is with the poll rate which should be set less than 200Hz to resolve this problem. But I dont see this setting in my mouse setting. My mouse is Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, btw. Where can I tweak this setting in my mouse setting or in xmouse settings?

phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Lags in Excel

Post by phil »

Sorry, there is no way to set the poll rate in XMBC and I have no idea how you would change that in Windows either.
I'd have thought that was a driver related thing? Maybe a registry setting somewhere.

Lag in excel is not something I have noticed myself (with my primary Logitech G9 and many other mice)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 pm Sorry, there is no way to set the poll rate in XMBC and I have no idea how you would change that in Windows either.
I'd have thought that was a driver related thing? Maybe a registry setting somewhere.

Lag in excel is not something I have noticed myself (with my primary Logitech G9 and many other mice)
Appreciate it Phil.
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 pm Sorry, there is no way to set the poll rate in XMBC and I have no idea how you would change that in Windows either.

Forgot to mention something Phil.. Theres actually a 3rd party software that I stumbled across on a forum. Link below. You can set the poll rate with it. Would you look into this and let me know what you think?

https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mic ... st26418714
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi, that USBHID is a proper driver - that's not going to be possible to add into XMBC I'm afraid. I'm unable to make drivers because I can't purchase the digital signatures needed to create them - not because they are expensive (they are) but because you need a registered company, which kind excludes hobbyists like me which is a bit of a pain but I haven't found a way around it. :(

I suppose there is a chance that XMBC could talk to that existing driver if you have it installed... that might be doable but then its probably already doable by using RUN and a script of something to call that driver. Its also not clear if that driver even works on newer versions of Windows without having to enable test mode (use of unsigned drivers)?
--[ Phil ]--
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:54 am I suppose there is a chance that XMBC could talk to that existing driver if you have it installed... that might be doable but then its probably already doable by using RUN and a script of something to call that driver. Its also not clear if that driver even works on newer versions of Windows without having to enable test mode (use of unsigned drivers)?
I kinda understand where youre coming from but I'm not understanding completely. Are you saying that its not possible for me to install this driver to tinker with the poll rate? Cant I just install it without it talking to xmouse so this way I can change the poll rate and it could still work within xmouse?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oh, yes, you can install the driver, and if it works, then thats all good. It wont stop XMBC working! I'm just saying its not something I can add into XMBC myself (and there is not need to do that if you can install that existing driver)
--[ Phil ]--
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:28 pm Oh, yes, you can install the driver, and if it works, then thats all good. It wont stop XMBC working! I'm just saying its not something I can add into XMBC myself (and there is not need to do that if you can install that existing driver)
Appreciate it Phil.