How I can set double click on middle button = F9 ?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
vladimirs
New User

How I can set double click on middle button = F9 ?

Post by vladimirs »

XMBC Version: 2.18.2
Windows Version: win7x64sp1
Mouse Information (brand/model): A4Tech N-708X
Computer Information: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5000+, MSI K9N Neo v2/v3 (MS-7369) (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, LAN), 8192 ?? (DDR2 SDRAM), ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT (256 ??)
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: No
How long have you used XMBC?: Several years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English, Russian

Clear description of the problem:
I want to set double click on middle button (wheel) = F9, but I can not find how set double or triple click on left, right, middle and 4 or 5 button. Can you help me?
phil
Site Admin

Re: How I can set double click on middle button = F9 ?

Post by phil »

Sorry, XMBC currently has no concept of different actions for double or triple clicks.
The closes you have right now is button held (time dependent) where you can have different actions depending how long you hold the button down).

XMBC sees button down and button up messages only - the Windows mouse hook has no concept of double clicks (its done at a different, higher level) and unless remapped, does not block them from Windows. In order to differentiate between single and double clicks, XMBC would need to block all clicks until it knew what you intended and then re-inject simulated clicks if for example you only clicked once. This is a problem (maybe less so for the middle, 4th and 5th buttons) because many applications (games in particular) block injected clicks. So as of now I haven't even attempted to do this!.

Maybe in the future I could add support for this with similar tactics to those used in button chording and button timed actions but it will be quite a big job and therefore finding the time to do it will not be easy (I already have a list of things to look at for the next few versions). So, I will add this to the list but cant make any promises at this time.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
vladimirs
New User

Post by vladimirs »

Hello, Phil. Thank you for replay.
I understand. But middle button held (time dependent) is not for me...
May be XMBC can remember first-pressed button for double click and first- and second-pressed button for triple click? After that XMBC send my F9 or other action without any blocks. This function will be as "Add action", not "Replace action". Is it really for implementation?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Would that really work? It would be a little easier but I think for the majority it would be pretty useless.

If the first press did action one, prior to the second click doing action 2 and the third click doing action 3 (assuming they are all withing the required time for double/triple click).... when you triple clicked you would end up with 3 actions all being played out?! I'm pretty sure that would not work for most people (including me!) :).

In that scenario, what would you set the initial click action to?

I suspect, even thought it would be more work and more testing etc, it would be more worthwhile to go down the block until the double click time expires and then send the appropriate action according to how many clicks were executed within that time (either re-inject the button or the mapped action). By adding a GUI option which looks a little like the button held configuration, allowing you to specify a time between clicks and an action for each click which would not be played out until the number of milliseconds between clicks expires. Similar to how the button held works but obviously not holding but "multi-clicking") - it may cause problems with games and use of the original button, in case of using "nothing (no change)" on the initial click but then you can always setup a profile for the games that does not use this method!

Thoughts?
--[ Phil ]--
vladimirs
New User

Post by vladimirs »

I asked my friend-programmer. He wrote for me small application using Gma.System.MouseKeyHook.dll.
So, we can forget this problem. Thank you.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Share how your friend did that, so double and triple click as that's something others asked too, but it's not that easy to implement to XMBC. Maybe that programmer had some brilliant idea that's interesting for Phil.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
greatxmouse

Post by greatxmouse »

Hi Team,
I am just wondring if the triple click is now available or not. A simple answer would be appreciated.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

greatxmouse wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm Hi Team,
I am just wondring if the triple click is now available or not. A simple answer would be appreciated.
Use Simulated keystrokes and you can send as many clicks at you want {LMB}{LMB}{LMB}
NOTE: In the future please create your own new thread, thread hijacking is not appreciated!
--[ Phil ]--
greatxmouse

Post by greatxmouse »

Thank you for your feedback. I will post a new thread from next time though there's a similar topic.

I looked at the Simulated, but my intention is that for example, when I click the left mouse 3 times, it gives the same effect as stroking F9 or Ctrl+v. Is it workable now?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, XMBC cant detect multiple clicks differently. Sorry.
--[ Phil ]--
greatxmouse

Post by greatxmouse »

Got it. Thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Now I understand why you replied in this topic - as the OP was asking the same thing :) So this time I was wrong to call it thread hijacking - I just misunderstood the question.
--[ Phil ]--