Paste content of clipboard using a mouse click (no Ctrl-V)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ShawnDion
New User

Paste content of clipboard using a mouse click (no Ctrl-V)

Post by ShawnDion »

Was wondering for a simple way to paste clipboard content without ctrl-v like a simulated keys but for actual clipboard content reason is that I have a application that doesn't accept ctrl-v and unfortunately simulated keys is just a one liner and hard to see what has been added to the script

Best regards

P.S: I can change OS / version of software for anything to make this work

Shawn
phil
Site Admin

Re: Paste content of clipboard using a mouse click (no Ctrl-V)

Post by phil »

I would say use the paste option in the drop down, but that also just sends a CTRL+V.
The problem is, I don't think XMBC can not tell the target program to paste from the clipboard (without using the standard keyboard shortcuts) so I think you may be out of luck with this one - that is, I don't think there is a Windows message to tell a window/application to paste the clipboard. The app/window itself has to go get the content of the clipboard - and as XMBC does not hook into other app's processes, I don't think it will be possible.

I'll have a think and look around over the weekend if I get a chance, but I don't want to get your hopes up for something I don't think will be possible.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ShawnDion
New User

Post by ShawnDion »

Thanks for the quick reply and that's what I figured I even checked the xml file that x-mouse generates to see if i could just format the text inside it directly and call it back I was trying even to see if I could of piped a text file to the actual macro line hence why I dropped by on the forum to ask the question I would need sometype of sendkeys clipboard content like autoit but autoit just doesn't bind well with the mouse for that task.

Well if you think of anything outside the box great else wise don't ruin a week-end over it =)

Shawn
Killy
Dedicated

Post by Killy »

You may try to use https://hluk.github.io/CopyQ/ for clipboard manipulation.
It doesn't bind to mouse either, but you can register global hotkey there and send this hotkey from XMouse to activate it.

The same approach might work for AutoIt/AutoHotKey too.

Clipboard might contain data in different formats. The rabbit hole is too deep for a mouse control utility. Leave it for more appropriate tools. There are more mouse-specific issues to solve...
ShawnDion
New User

Post by ShawnDion »

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the suggestion I tried it out and unfortunately the tool just didn't want to acknowledge the commands I ended up using a virtualbox to fake a keyboard entry on the paste (It's a archaic recipe program that I am merging over 4 million recipes and the reason why I'm using this old tool is because it clips and sorts all the data in sort to make all the corrections in formatting to have them all uniformed)

Else wise I did make a tool in dos to convert a text file into a string format for x-mouse to just add them to a button layer not ideal but does the job required.

Shawn Dion