Finishing Simulated keystrokes!!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
guzaarish
New User

Finishing Simulated keystrokes!!

Post by guzaarish »

Hello! I've had a problem that I think might actually be unsolvable with XMBC. I can use xMouse effectively to do almost any simulated task that I want except for this: Repeatedly toggle a button & upon release of the button, complete the code.

Can XMouse not finish the code in this situation? I have the simulated keys set to "repeatedly while the button is held down".

The overall goal is to blink a light repeatedly while I am holding down a mouse button. The code must toggle "on" & "off" the light repeatedly, but once I let go, it should press the final "off" toggle. Right now: after holding down the button, the light will blink dozens of times. After I let go of the button, sometimes the light will stay in the "on" position, & sometimes the light will stay "off".
phil
Site Admin

Re: Finishing Simulated keystrokes!!

Post by phil »

You *might* be able to do this with the new functionality in 2.18.
It allows you to specify actions for the inital press {press}, during repeat {repeat} and when the button is released {release}

So you can prefix the simulated key (each one will need a prefix) such as {press}/{release}/{repeat} and that way you can tell XMBC that it must execute particular keys when {release}ing - this can in theory be a different key, but it could also be used to make sure that the off command is always sent.

If you need more information, give me a shout.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Finishing Simulated keystrokes!!

Post by phil »

Sorry, got the wrong tags...
The new tags in 2.18 are {OD} {OR} and {OU} and they allow you to specify what "keys" are sent when the button is pressed down ({OD}) when the repeat sequence is sent ({OR}) and when the button is release ({OU}).

So you can force something (anything) to be sent when the button is released by prefixing each item with {OU}. These items will not be sent when the button if pressed or the sim key sequence is repeated.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)