XMBC 2.18 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
schiel
New User

Re: XMBC 2.18 Beta

Post by schiel »

:!: Yes - for beta 4 I can confirm the issue that "Double Click" is followed by dragging the object. Beta 3 did work fine.

:D Regarding the new function of drag the window in beta 4: works like a charm. Very nice work - thanks for that!

Michael
Last edited by schiel on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There were issues with double click, and i changed it slightly to try and fix them - I think it sounds like I got that change wrong - thanks for letting me know - should be fixed in the next beta (please confirm once I release it - whenever that may be :))
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

In my previous post i said that "Double Click" and "Double Click Drag" are exchanged, and it may be right. I have confirmed that "Double Click Drag" item works as "Double Click" actually (click twice w/o sticky held down) for some profiles. :!:
I will use "Double Click Drag" item for "Double Click" function (replacing "W click" with "W click drag" in my settings) until next fix. By this, I will be able to avoid that problem immediately. :)

suke
Last edited by sukemaru on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
schiel
New User

Post by schiel »

I just want to confirm, that when I choose "Double Click Drag" it works like "Double Click".
Nice workaround :-)
Michael
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not sure why double click drag change - I didnt touch that as far as I know.. will have to investigate. it seems my changes to debug Kukurykus's problems had some significant unintended consequences... Well thats what beta's are for - if you want to roll back to beta 3, its here

EDIT: No double click drag is behaving exactly as it did before, if you press and hold the button, it presses, releases and presses again, then when you release the button, it releases which is why a single press+release will do a double click. Its always done that. Phew...

I know what I broke in the double click code - and have fixed it, ready for the next beta.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.18 Beta 5

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.18 Beta 5:
  • #536 - Fixed a conflict/issue with button chording and "Swap 4th/5th Buttons".
  • #554 - Further performance improvements - fixed performance related issue when button chording.
  • #561 - Fixed DOUBLE_CLICK action that was broken in beta 4.
  • #562 - Highlight active chord buttons in different colour (blue) in setup screen.
There are no language template updates for 2.18 beta 5.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the debug log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Can you tell me by steps how to do it:
#562 - Highlight active chord buttons in different colour (blue) in setup screen.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

1. Open setup window
2. Hold a button that is setup as "Button Chording" (it should be higlighted in orange)
3. Press one of the chorded buttons -> That should highlight blue not orange
4. Release the chording button and press the button you pressed in step 3, it should highlight orange.

NOTE: If you have "Unblock after a time" or "Unblock when mouse moves" setup on your chorded button, then when this occurs and the default chord action is applied, the button highlight will turn from orange to blue to indicate that the default action is active.

Basically its just a little visual cue that the button is part of a chord (when chording) - makes it a bit easier to see whats going on!
xmbcchord.png
Thanks,
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.18 Beta 6 (wow two in 4 hours - and not because I broke something in beta 5 (yet)!)

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.18 Beta 6:
  • #563 - Fixed an issue causing Komodo IDE/Komodo Edit to crash when checking the window caption.
There are no language template updates for 2.18 beta 6.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the debug log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thank you for updating.

'Double Click' issue seemes to be fixed almost :) , but when using it with 'Button Held' item ('Double Click' for the last action), a strange function occurs. This may be an issue of 'Button Held' action... :?:

Holding the button down after 'Double Click' acted and moving the mouse w/o releaseing, the action of the original button follows it.

I set the Left button to 'Button Held' item --'Double Click' for the last action (500ms), 'Abort and revert' option enabled-- for a text editor app (TNotePad class window), holding the Left button down, at 500ms elapsed 'Double Click' acted then selecting a word under the cursor, keeping to press LMB down and moving the mouse then the selected word moved according to the mouse movement.

In another app (tab browser), i set Left button to same as above, holding LMB down on a tab, at 500ms gone 'W Click' acted then refleshing the page in the tab (W click as refreshing: by the browser setting), keeping to press LMB down and moving the mouse then the selected tab moved according to the mouse movement.
In the same browser, i set Middle button to same as above, holding MMB down on a tab, at 500ms W Click acted then refleshing the page in the tab, keeping to press MMB down and moving the mouse then the selected tab was closed (MMB as closeing tab: by the browser setting).

And i tried the simmilar settings for FirefoxESR (coz XP), Left and Middle butons to 'Bottun Held' item --'Refresh[F5] for the last action (500ms), 'Abort and revert' option enabled--. I tried holding LMB/MMB down on the active tab, after 500ms they did not act, and released the button (w/o moving) then the page refreshed. Moving the mouse with holding the button after 500ms elapsed, the page was not refreshed and moving the tab (LMB) / closing the tab (MMB).

Asking:
'Double Click' item w/o 'Button Held' seems to work correctly (if kept to press the button down, canceled/aborted the function of the original button after w clicked), but 'Double Click' within 'Button Held' is another ways. I think that the original button should be canceled after the last action of 'Button Held'. Is this behavior your intended :?:
ref :arrow: NOTED in the Button Held panel:
All but the last enable action above will not be performed until the button is released (once the hold time has been determined).
The last action will be started once the minimum time period is reached.
And when I use 'Button Held' for Left button ('Abort and revert' enabled), a little delay is occures at dragging (selecting words/strings) operation - sometimes the first letter of word(s) is not caught.

Thanks,
suke
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

It still does not work for me (in Beta 6 as well). I did all you said for VLC Media Player where I have RMB chord that works with many other buttons. So having this profile on top and not opening chord panel for RMB I hold it to see it's orange. When I then click another - to have pressed two in sum - both are orange.

Additionally there's little bug when you open chord menu for certain button. Clicking at empty place, next to three boxes description (those starting with 'Block', 'Unblock', 'Unblock') the box on the level of my click gets (un)checked while I assume it should only be un(ticked) when I click directly in range of those boxes.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:53 pm It still does not work for me (in Beta 6 as well). I did all you said for VLC Media Player where I have RMB chord that works with many other buttons. So having this profile on top and not opening chord panel for RMB I hold it see it is orange. When I then click another - to have pressed two in sum - both are orange.
Its not really clear what you are saying does not work? I presume you mean the highlighting, but its new so I'm not sure why you say "still" as it never did it before!? Well it works for me, PM me a copy of your profile so I can see what you mean. Maybe I missed something!
NOTE it should only highlight blue for buttons that are actually configured in the chord window - if they are set to "nothing don't intercept" they wont highlight in blue.
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:53 pm Additionally there's little bug when you open chord menu for certain button. Clicking at empty place, next to three boxes description (those starting with 'Block', 'Unblock', 'Unblock') the box on the level of my click gets (un)checked while I assume it should only be un(ticked) when I click directly in range of those boxes.
That's not a bug - thats standard windows behavior for check boxes with text (in C++ and C# at least) clicking the text label also toggles the checkbox.
The only way not to do that would be to have a checkbox with no label and then a separate label next to it... As proof, look in the standard windows control panel (not the funky new "settings" in windows 10 at any panel with check boxes (eg, the mouse control panel)
Click the text next to the checkbox and see that it behaves the same way. Actually in the funky new windows 10 settings screens, you can toggle the on/off sliders by clicking the text too (who knew!).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm Thank you for updating.

'Double Click' issue seemes to be fixed almost :) , but when using it with 'Button Held' item ('Double Click' for the last action), a strange function occurs. This may be an issue of 'Button Held' action... :?:

Holding the button down after 'Double Click' acted and moving the mouse w/o releaseing, the action of the original button follows it.

I set the Left button to 'Button Held' item --'Double Click' for the last action (500ms), 'Abort and revert' option enabled-- for a text editor app (TNotePad class window), holding the Left button down, at 500ms elapsed 'Double Click' acted then selecting a word under the cursor, keeping to press LMB down and moving the mouse then the selected word moved according to the mouse movement.
Odd - the original button up should be swalloed (ie not passed through to windows) but that suggests that it is being passed through - I'll take a look.
Having said that, that would have happened prior to beta 4 (where I broke double click) as nothing was changed there (ie it must have always been broken).
sukemaru wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm In another app (tab browser), i set Left button to same as above, holding LMB down on a tab, at 500ms gone 'W Click' acted then refleshing the page in the tab (W click as refreshing: by the browser setting), keeping to press LMB down and moving the mouse then the selected tab moved according to the mouse movement.
In the same browser, i set Middle button to same as above, holding MMB down on a tab, at 500ms W Click acted then refleshing the page in the tab, keeping to press MMB down and moving the mouse then the selected tab was closed (MMB as closeing tab: by the browser setting).

And i tried the simmilar settings for FirefoxESR (coz XP), Left and Middle butons to 'Bottun Held' item --'Refresh[F5] for the last action (500ms), 'Abort and revert' option enabled--. I tried holding LMB/MMB down on the active tab, after 500ms they did not act, and released the button (w/o moving) then the page refreshed. Moving the mouse with holding the button after 500ms elapsed, the page was not refreshed and moving the tab (LMB) / closing the tab (MMB).
And that would suggest that the inital LMB is being passed through to Windows too - it should not be (until the mouse moves (if you have set abort on mouse movement). Again, I'll investigate.
sukemaru wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm Asking:
'Double Click' item w/o 'Button Held' seems to work correctly (if kept to press the button down, canceled/aborted the function of the original button after w clicked), but 'Double Click' within 'Button Held' is another ways. I think that the original button should be canceled after the last action of 'Button Held'. Is this behavior your intended :?:
ref :arrow: NOTED in the Button Held panel:
All but the last enable action above will not be performed until the button is released (once the hold time has been determined).
The last action will be started once the minimum time period is reached.
And when I use 'Button Held' for Left button ('Abort and revert' enabled), a little delay is occures at dragging (selecting words/strings) operation - sometimes the first letter of word(s) is not caught.
Yes it should not send the original button - thats what its supposed to be blocking. Unless I have broken something in 2.18 beta its strange because this would imply that button held has always been problematic (I guess thats possible as its quite new in 2.17).

The "delay" when moving the mouse, missing a character is understandable - its not unblocked until the mouse moves by 2 (or 4) pixels - and thus the mouse cursor is not where it was when the button was inimitably pressed. I don't think there is much I could do about that I'm afraid - that one you may have to learn to live with! The only possibility would be to move the mouse cursor back to where it was when the button was originally pressed - that might work!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes. Clicking description, and what is bad, also empty space after description in Windows affects boxes, so like in XMBC. Description only would be fine but that space beyond? Still it's how it works outside of XMBC.

Yes, highliting. I did like on your ss with 4 points you posted. File added (be careful to not overwrite yours)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thank you for replying, then Okay and Im sorry,
those strange/issues have been occured also in v2.17 and past Betas too which I confirmed after previous post. (I had tried 'Double Click' and 'Button Held' in some profiles/apps regarding to past 'Double Click' issue, and reported that i noticed as previous post. It seems that it was not a Beta-specific matter, so I should have reported it in a separate thread.)

As for drag-delay, it seems to be the only way to drag slowly or assign 'Button Held' to the buttons other than Left.

suke