Right button do nothing?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jamestaggart2
New User

Right button do nothing?

Post by jamestaggart2 »

I have a handicap which causes my middle finger to press the right mouse button when attempting to press the left button with my index finger. If I could use this software to assign the right button to do nothing when pressed and then assign the alt select function to one of the thumb buttons on my Logitech MX mouse, my life would be better.

Can anyone tell me if this software is capable of doing that? Thanks very much for any help.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Re: Right button do nothing?

Post by injtsvetkov »

Hi there,

Yes, XMBC can do that and so much more :).
In your case I could suggest using the "Button chording" feature. Simply said, you can press&hold one mouse button down and then press second button to send a custom command. So for example you can set XMBC to send "Left click" when you press&hold LMB and then press RMB (LMB>RMB chord). Or you can use the opposite chord RMB>LMB whichever works better for you. That way you can leave the default button actions to LMB and RMB so anyone else could use the mouse at the same time without any adjustments.

I think XMBC will be very helpful to you as you can make so many custom and automated commands with it.
You can review the user manual and see all of its features.
If any questions, just ask :wink:
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
jamestaggart2
New User

Post by jamestaggart2 »

Thanks very much. I will take a look at the manual. Sounds like this will work for me. If so, I will be donating.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It certainly will be easy to disable the right button and to r-assign it to another (thumb) button. And as injtsvetkov said, there are plenty of other funky things you can do if you should wish.

If you have any problems or suggestions to improve XMBC for your needs, feel free to mention them and I will do my best to accommodate and take them into account in future versions.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)