X-mouse button control manual.instructions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Janning
New User

X-mouse button control manual.instructions

Post by Janning »

I just installed X-mouse button control and want instructions/user manual.
Can someone point me to this please?
Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: X-mouse button control manual.instructions

Post by phil »

The manual (user guide) is on the start menu right next to xmbc (start\all programs\highresolution enterprises\x-mouse button control)
Or there is a link right on the download page (at the bottom of the overview).

Is it really that difficult to find? How can I make it easier?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

Wow,,,,I do not see or understand any of that you said. I do not have a start menu. I'm version 2.14
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

What? Your running Windows and you don't have a start menu - you can't be serious?... The little button in the bottom left of your screen? OK I know it does not physically say "start" these days but surly, everyone knows thats the Microsoft Windows Start menu... The one where you start your programs?

And if you still can find the start menu, head over to the download page - where you download XMBC, the manual is on there too.
https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmo ... ontrol.htm just look for the link to the user manual (its near the bottom of the overview section as I mentioned before.
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Open program -> Click "About" -> Press "Open Userguide".

The user manual contains a wide range of information, only narrow technical issues may be incomprehensible. For example, new functions of window tags in the test version.
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

OH...windows..the way you worded it, it sounded as though the start was in the app itself. Then the:
start\all programs\highresolution enterprises\x-mouse button control
This a dir path to me, a Nav path would be "in windows goto the Navigation path start>programs>highresolution enterprises>x-mouse button control
Sorry, I've been an application developer (Oracle apps) for 20 + years, I guess we all have a set pattern of SDLC, I'm used to ...let me try this.
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

and what is "xmbc"? thats what mostly threw me.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

lol, yes sorry about that, I guess I tend to use "explorer" style paths, not least because thats how its actually implemented (as folders and subfolders)...
But anyway, Dolmatov pointed out an easier option (the about window) which I had completely forgotten about!!
--[ Phil ]--
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

Or you could have said, "its in the same folder as the install, icon X-Mouse Button Control - User guide"...I'd of gone rite to it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Janning wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:27 pm and what is "xmbc"? thats what mostly threw me.
XMBC is X-Mouse Button Control, which is presumably the software you are asking for the instructions for or else you are in the wrong place ??!!!
--[ Phil ]--
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

Always remember,,,,Acronyms, which mean everything to you and the team...as a user are a curve ball that throws us off Track . If I told you the R12oafap-d app is not importing. Means nothing to you, but to me, and my team? it means The oracle applications, financials Accounts payable in development is down.
Acronyms are like intimate, pet names with your spouse...ONLY for the inner circle to even hear about.
Sorry I don't mean to "tell you what to do"...but I've been doing this very thing (building apps) since 1986...I've seen a thing or two.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'm sorry but if you are on a technical forum asking questions about a specific piece of software, I would expect one to be able to figure out the most simplest of acronyms based on the four letters that make up the capitalized initials of the software, especially when it is generously mentioned throughout other posts on this very forum. Its all about context :). Oh and there is just an I in this team - its just me :).
--[ Phil ]--
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

Weeeell you may have expected this...but, how did that work out for you ? LOL
This was my very first time, in the forum and I went straight to creating the post..so I never had a chance to see the Acronym in action so to speak. I avoid acronyms, unless its someone like a coworker that sits next to me daily....again, thats jus my take after 30 short years. then again, If "I" have been your only issue with it...its on me...if it reoccurs...something to consider.

Regardless back to the matter at hand, did you see what I am hoping to achieve with the tool?
Will it work for this?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well, in the 15 years or so of XMBC's existance, no one else has asked what it means (that I remember) but lets draw a line under that now :).
I don't recall seeing anywhere where you said what you were trying to achieve with XMBC... If you would be so good as to repeat it, I will try and answer (may not be until tomorrow now as its getting close to midnight here)....

While reviewing this thread, I did notice that you said you're using 2.14?
2.16.1 is the latest release version (2.14 must be over a year old now). Is there any particular reason for using that version that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Janning
New User

Post by Janning »

That is the latest version which was on the site I downloaded. I'm up to latest version now.
My original hope is....I get a lot of spam, have to open the email, click "unsubscribe" , then type in my email

I had hoped to find a way to use a hot key, or mouse button one click to fill in the email for me..thats it!

After seeing you app, I will be finding other uses, but, the above is top of the list at the moment