Please help translation XMBC to your language?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Please help translation XMBC to your language?

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 pm The line 'NOTE: <M>, <L> & <W> can be specified in decimal (eg. 16) or hex (eg. 0x10).' seems not to be translated.
And if I didn't know what hex is I would think it's a curse, cuz that's the only translation of that word. :lol:
Yes I missed the translation lookup for that line - I will fix that.

Hex is short for hexadecimal, a base 16 number format (0-F) often used in software!
The beauty(??!) of English, so many different meanings for the same word - A hex is a curse too :) However, I would expect anyone who wants to do something as advanced as sending windows messages to understand the term Hex as it is intended.

The swap 4th and 5th buttons actions is wrong (in the software). The template is right (no 's' after button). I will fix the code and then the templates should work.
maxoku wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 pm You're really not making this easy for your translators. :P
Who said it was supposed to be easy :wink:. Whilst I appreciate the efforts, no one as forcing you to do this. If it is too difficult, then just leave it and maybe someone else will do it, or maybe I should just remove all the translations - then it can't go wrong :lol:
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 am The author missed the letter. Most likely, corrected a typo in the intermediate (non-public) version and did not fix it in translations.
Use
"Sw&ap 4th and 5th buttons actions when connected by remote desktop (RDP)" => " "
Please dont use that, the 's' after buttons is wrong in the software - and correct in the template.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 am About the text of program errors. If the compiler does not allow adding localized resources when generating an exe file, you can add the lines manually in the program's compiler with a translation that will be provided by the translators in a separate file.
Example error_string.txt:

Code: Select all

Language=Russian
LangID=1049 #Based Microsoft Locale ID Values https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms912047(v=winembedded.10).aspx
#String with error text
61714=Введите целое значение между %1 и %2.
#Or
"Enter an integer between %1 and %2." => "Введите целое значение между %1 и %2."
https://flic.kr/p/Zpe2dy
The whole point of the translation files, is that I DON'T WANT to compile it in. Doing that would mean no one else could change it/add translations on the fly. As I said before, I will consider the options and probably manage the error messages myself so they can be translated like the rest of the text. And, as I have said before, the error messages like that are pretty useless because it has no context as to where to enter a number between x and y (ie, in what field). So doing it myself will be much better in the long run, as I can say "Please enter a number between X and Y in the <field> value" or something of that ilk. It will happen one day but is not exactly my top priority right now.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:21 pmThe beauty(??!) of English, so many different meanings for the same word
The Polish has the same beauty(??!). It has the same word for post and send. :lol:
However, I would expect anyone who wants to do something as advanced as sending windows messages to understand the term Hex as it is intended.
I know what is hex, though I don't want to use windows messages, only translate them. :P
Who said it was supposed to be easy :wink:. Whilst I appreciate the efforts, no one as forcing you to do this. If it is too difficult, then just leave it and maybe someone else will do it
Don't fire me that easily :lol: . Besides that there are no other volunteers, so I need to do it :P . Just be a good boss and help me with my job. :roll:
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

Hi,

what is the different between „Post windows message...” and „Send windows message...”?

thank you
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

The line #467 cannot be translated :!:

"\t\t\tNOTE:\t<M>, <L> & <W> can be specified in decimal (eg. 16) or hex (eg. 0x10)." => ""
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

AndyK wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 pm what is the different between „Post windows message...” and „Send windows message...”?
Post posts and does not wait for a response, send sends and waits for the result (so for this purpose, not a lot of difference).
Lookup PostMessage and SendMessage on MSDN for MS's official answer :).
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Correction Phil: Just be a good boss and help us with our job. :roll:

Can I replace the message word with a command word or it needs to be hard message word?
And can word post be replaced with execute word?
Are any of windows words are the OS name or all are simple words to be translated?
Do words LPARAM and WPARAM should be translated or not?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, LPARAM and WPARAM are effectively the names of the parameters to PostMessage and SendMessage API's so anyone looking at MSDN or any other windows programming site to find out what message to send, will know what LPARAM and WPARAM mean.

For the same reasons, I'm not sure changing Post or Message would make sense - other than looking at your localized version of MSDN to see how Microsoft themselves describe PostMessage and SendMessage API's (as thats effectivly what these commands are invoking).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

AndyK wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 pm The line #467 cannot be translated :!:

"\t\t\tNOTE:\t<M>, <L> & <W> can be specified in decimal (eg. 16) or hex (eg. 0x10)." => ""
Yes, as I said above, I know about this and it will be fixed in the next beta.
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Phil. Microsoft didn't translate that article to Polish.
Well I can use message word for it, but it will look strange. I can use also a similar word for post that starts with 'po' too. :P
You didn't answer about windows words yet. Are they all suppose to be translated normally?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well, I don't really know - I guess 'Windows message' is the name of the API system so I guess thats the name of the OS. But "to the window under the cursor" is a window. Its a tough one - Is it called Microsoft Windows in Polish? And what is an individual window called in that context? Do Microsoft translate the term 'window' in their documentation'?
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

LOL. It is called Windows in Polish too. Generally self names aren't translated. Individual windows are called like normal windows like that in home you can look outside :P . So yes, 'window' and plural 'windows' (if not an OS name) are translated.

Well I know that window under cursor will be translated normally, I'm concerned about that 'windows' before it. It really sounds weird when I translate too many windows in one sentence. :lol:

In sentence Window Message tags, shouldn't be Windows? If not, then it's not an OS name. In post/send windows message I have doubts. If it was an OS name it should be from big letter. I'm really confused with that function. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I think "Windows Message" tags should remain as "Windows Message".
The Windows message (Post Windows message/Send Windows message - I think that Windows should also remain (and should have a Capital W unlike right now where ii is windows message - should probably be Windows Message.

Its sad that the translation discussion has taken longer than the implementation of the feature - it makes me think I should he added the feature and not documented it lol!
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pmI think "Windows Message" tags should remain as "Windows Message".
I'm confused, now it's "Window Message" and it seems to be API's name. So it's not an OS name. :?
Post Windows message/Send Windows message - I think that Windows should also remain (and should have a Capital W unlike right now where ii is windows message - should probably be Windows Message.
Depends what do you mean by that? If you think about plural windows then from small letter and it's not an OS name. And if API's name doesn't consist the OS name then I guess normal sentences shouldn't consist it. Arrhh, I'm even more confused than before. :lol: