XMBC 2.17 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
maxoku
Committed

Re: XMBC 2.17 Beta

Post by maxoku »

Thanks for new beta Phil. :mrgreen:
The held move to scroll issues seem to be fixed.
Description fields are great, but if description is empty then there's nothing. Previously for held was (undefined) and for sim keys were the press method along with typed keys. Could you restore those words if there's no description?
Besides that is great. :angel:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

For the held actions, I don't want to say undefined, because it is defined, just with no description. Undefined suggests that you have not yet set it up. I could put in a different word - suggestions welcome!

Having said that, the sim keys should not be empty, it should be as it was if there is no description.... I'll look at that!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:54 pm For the held actions, I don't want to say undefined, because it is defined, just with no description. Undefined suggests that you have not yet set it up. I could put in a different word - suggestions welcome!
Well if XMBC could detect if there's nothing set besides the default simple click then the (undefined) would still be appropriate. :P
There's no word like undescribed :lol:, so maybe unnamed or uncalled? :P I'll think about it. :roll:
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:54 pm For the held actions, I don't want to say undefined, because it is defined, just with no description. Undefined suggests that you have not yet set it up. I could put in a different word - suggestions welcome!

Having said that, the sim keys should not be empty, it should be as it was if there is no description.... I'll look at that!
I think it should be something like "Default action" or maybe simply "Default" would be best.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 amI think it should be something like "Default action" or maybe simply "Default" would be best.
It can't be, cuz the like Phil said it has set an action, but there's no description.
It might be just simple 'No description' or something. :P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

maxoku wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:53 pm
injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 amI think it should be something like "Default action" or maybe simply "Default" would be best.
It can't be, cuz the like Phil said it has set an action, but there's no description.
It might be just simple 'No description' or something. :P
Yea, I meant when you leave it to the default action for the button. Otherwise if you set some different action then it certainly can't be "Default", perhaps it should be blank to remind you to write something there. Or maybe "Custom"... :roll:, but whatever word it is, I think it might be better to be italic or UPPER-CASE to remind you that it's not written by you but is put there automatically.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I cant change the font in the list for individual items (at least, not without an immense amount of work) - so that's out. Upper case I could do... but I'm not convinced it is necessary - its only a description and if you haven't set it, its not going to cause any problem and will be no different to how it worked before.
--[ Phil ]--
hooddy
New User

Post by hooddy »

phil wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 am Global hotkeys can already be used as an alternative (you can setup a global hotkey to enable/disable XMBC).
Well it fine but... Can ya advice me please for how to config change mouse button left-right mapping with keyboard shortcut please? I really dunno. I've set two layers for it and I can't undastood how to switch it with keayboard.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

hooddy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 pm Well it fine but... Can ya advice me please for how to config change mouse button left-right mapping with keyboard shortcut please? I really dunno. I've set two layers for it and I can't undastood how to switch it with keayboard.
This thread is for discussing 2.17 beta issues and bugs. It is not for general XMBC assistance. Next time, please create a new thread.

You asked about a way to disable XMBC without scroll lock - you mentioned nothing about changing the left or right buttons using the keyboard. I suggest that you create a new thread, and please provide more detail, like what you are trying to achieve. Then I, or some other users may be able to understand your requirements and suggest a solution if there is one.

You can switch layers using global hotkeys in the advanced settings tabs (don't forget to enable global hotkeys with the tick box or they will not work) (to toggle between layers) and/or layer modifier keys (to switch layers while a key is held [note: be aware that the chosen key may influence the behavior of the button in some scenarios]. I thought the user manual described this quite well but if not please let me know where it can be improved and I will try to do so.

I would also say that changing the left button can be dangerous - if anything goes wrong, you may be stuck without a usable essential button (maybe thats why you were asking about the scroll lock alternative?)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.17 Beta 9.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 8:
  • #527 - Fixed crash in chording with movement to scroll.
  • #525 - Added ability to send/post any Windows Message from simulated keystrokes.
  • #524 - Changed 'Swap 4th and 5th buttons' text to clarify it only works when buttons are remapped.
  • #522 - Fixed description text in drop-down if the customised text (simkey, chording etc.) is empty.
There are several changes to the translation template for 2.17 beta 9.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Added ability to send/post any "Windows Message" from simulated keystrokes.
The request for the new function is to add a couple of examples under the descriptions of all functions so that you can at least have some idea about the input line and the result of the command.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry, but I don't think that is going to happen. For starters, the text is already very long. But primarily, if someone wants to send windows messages, then I expect they will be competent enough to find out what to put in there (google is better than any little bit of text I can put in there). There are 1000's on messages that do pretty much anything in Windows - there is no particular description that will fit any one need.

While XMBC can be used by anyone, when it comes to some of the advanced tags in sim keys, it is an advanced tool for advanced users - I don't expect many to use this but the person that requested it will probably know what to do.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.17 Beta 10.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 9:
  • #528 - Fixed an issue causing abnormally high CPU usage (and keyboard stutter) when layer modifier keys are enabled and any key is held down.
  • #525 - Fixed / Clarified some of the descriptive text (and thus updated translations). Also fixed broken translation.
There are several changes to the translation template for 2.17 beta 10 (after much discussion in the translation thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=749&start=435#p14304). I have updated the English in the translation files provided for 2.17 Beta 9 - but you might want to make sure your translation still makes sense :).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
philCryoport
New User

Post by philCryoport »

Hi there,

Evoluent recommended trying out XMBC to alter the default behavior of mouse button 4 (the top thumb button on the Vertical Mouse 4 Bluetooth).

The good news is that XMBC can indeed disable default behavior -- which was the brower back button. Thank you for giving me that ability! :)

However, as the mouse's wheel doesn't tilt, I'd love to button-chord mouse button 4 with the wheel to tilt left and right.

Button Chording - Mouse Button 4
* Default (No Chord): Disable
* Wheel Up: Mouse Wheel Tilt Left (or Scroll Window Left - doesn't make a difference)
* Wheel Right: Mouse Wheel Tilt Right (or Scroll Window Right - doesn't make a difference)

I've tried this both with v2.16.1 and 2.17b10 with MS Excel 2016.

My setup:
* Windows 10
* Six mouse buttons: left, middle, right, wheel, top thumb, bottom thumb (which is not detected by XMBC)
* HID-compliant mouse driver
* Dell touchpad driver also installed v10.2207.101.108

I would attach a screenshot but I don't know how to do that in this version of phpBB.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi, can you try something other than Office apps (internet explorer/firefox/chrome should do it) - Excel in particular does not behave as you would expect to TILT at all (dont ask me why, ask MS!). You can setup a different profile for Excel and use the scrolling and navigation to convert the tilt wheel messages to other types of scroll horizontally in Excel but lets worry about that after you have managed to chord the scrollwheel.
--[ Phil ]--