XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 13.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.16 Beta 11:
  • #483 - Selection of drop-down boxes by keyboard/scroll does not enable apply.
  • #482 - Auto-update sometimes downloads the same/old version.
  • #477 - Fixed some more translation text width layout issues.
There are no changes to the translation template in beta 13.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

'About' button doesn't check updates, so I'll be reminding you to add that update button after each beta now lol. By the way the buttons while updating aren't translated.

When I make any changes then the apply button is activated, but could you make that it would deactivate itself if I undo those changes?

And why the main window isn't a normal window with minimizing or right click?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:'About' button doesn't check updates, so I'll be reminding you to add that update button after each beta now lol. By the way the buttons while updating aren't translated.
I'll have to turn on ignore user then :p
maxoku wrote:When I make any changes then the apply button is activated, but could you make that it would deactivate itself if I undo those changes?
Not without an awful lot of work - certainly not for 2.16
maxoku wrote:And why the main window isn't a normal window with minimizing or right click?
Just because thats how its always been - primarily, I didn't want the user to close the window with a X by mistake.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:I'll have to turn on ignore user then :p
You want to ignore me cuz I've reported that somethings in update window aren't being translated? :P By the way, why did you tell me that 'about' window is checking for updates? Wanted to be mean too? lol
phil wrote:Just because that's how its always been - primarily, I didn't want the user to close the window with a X by mistake.
Well, you could always block it or something. Just asking. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:
phil wrote:I'll have to turn on ignore user then :p
You want to ignore me cuz I've reported that somethings in update window aren't being translated? :P By the way, why did you tell me that 'about' window is checking for updates? Wanted to be mean too? lol
Oh, no I missed that bit - the ignore is because you are going to keep telling me to add the check for update button :).

I'll look at the update window buttons next beta.

The about box does trigger an update check, but only if it is outside the auto-update window - as in, you haven't checked for 5 days (or whatever your update check interval is)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Which buttons aren't translated? 'Upgrade' & 'Skip' ? The code seems to be there for the update window (with the changelog). Maybe its just missing from the template file?

Oh, no its wrong in the template file

Code: Select all

"Upgrade" => ""
"Skip" => ""
should be

Code: Select all

"&Upgrade" => ""
"&Skip" => ""
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

It also didn't translated 'cancel' in some kind of confirmation window. I don't really remember now and I can't check it while I've updated to the newest version already lol.

Besides that I'm too lazy to remind you something like that, so don't trouble yourself. :P

So let me understand that clearly. If I have set it to 1 day then everyday, but once a day about box will check for updates? And it works only if auto update is turned off? I bet I've messed something lol.

Edit: It's not a confirmation window, it's a downloading window and there I can cancel it only in english XD.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK yeh that dialog is done differently (found it online in a example) so I can understand that - can probably fix it at some point.
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

maxoku wrote:It also didn't translated 'cancel' in some kind of confirmation window.
Maybe some words (e.g. Yes / No / Cancel / none) are eable translated, as they are reserved by Windows or already translated by shell*.dll in local system (or by framework in XMBC?) Since "Cancel" works by "Escape" key and Users familiar with keyboard operations will generally understand it, i guess that it is not necessary to have a accelerator.

Reports and needs
I tryed to set access-key W for "Application / Window Profiles:" and N for "Layer name", but W worked to focus "Layer name" and N did not work. I need to know that how to select "Application / Window Profiles:" list quickly with a accelerator.

I thnk that the first forcused item when the setting window open by XMBC icon should be "Application / Window Profiles:" list or "Close" button, excluding when returning from another dialog, it is not limited. Now, for example, users open the window and press any keys by misstake, which rewrites "Layer name" without own will, but they are hard to notice it (and I offen used to do).

I have not used Import/Export and Save/Load features yet, Import/Export dialogs seem to show Documents folder and Save/Load's show XMBC folder (I use whole XMBC beta versions as portable mode). Is this the behavior you intended?

Would you add new buttons "Open User Guide" or "Open user folder" in "About" dialog?

thanks,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

sukemaru wrote:
maxoku wrote:It also didn't translated 'cancel' in some kind of confirmation window.
Maybe some words (e.g. Yes / No / Cancel / none) are eable translated, as they are reserved by Windows or already translated by shell*.dll in local system (or by framework in XMBC?) Since "Cancel" works by "Escape" key and Users familiar with keyboard operations will generally understand it, i guess that it is not necessary to have a accelerator.
Well, while I have a Polish system then it would be in Polish^^. I think it is necessary to translate. I guess in Japanese some words or buttons shouldn't be translated and better look in English, but it's not the same with Polish. If I was about to guess that Phil forgot to bind that button to translation, while the rest of things in that window are translated. :P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

sukemaru wrote: 2.
I thnk that the first forcused item when the setting window open by XMBC icon should be "Application / Window Profiles:" list or "Close" button, excluding when returning from another dialog, it is not limited. Now, for example, users open the window and press any keys by misstake, which rewrites "Layer name" without own will, but they are hard to notice it (and I offen used to do).
+1 for "Application / Window Profiles:" list :wink:
I have also accidentally changed the layer name several times, but besides that it just doesn't feel right I think. I mean the layer name is supposed to be changed once initially and not every time you open the Setup window.

I've set Middle clicking over the system tray to send my hotkey for opening the Setup window. After I open it and switch to another app/window, using the hotkey again does not bring the Setup window to the front. Is it possible to do that without reverting any unsaved changes? I mean when using the hotkey while the Setup is already open to merely switch to it and not reopen it again.

And also it would be nice (if possible :)) to be able to minimize the Setup window by clicking it in the taskbar.

Thanks!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

injtsvetkov wrote:I have also accidentally changed the layer name several times, but besides that it just doesn't feel right I think. I mean the layer name is supposed to be changed once initially and not every time you open the Setup window.
(゚∀゚)/\(゚∀゚) fellow! (<= this means :cheers: in Japanese)
I have got an idea that it is necessary to have "editabe" toggle box (☑check box) for allowing to rewrite or protecting of "Layer Name" on the tab, simply like as "Enable caption matching" check box in "Find Window" dialog.

thanks,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I agree with both of you. The more the merrier lol. Maybe now Phil consider to add those functions. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote:
injtsvetkov wrote:I have also accidentally changed the layer name several times, but besides that it just doesn't feel right I think. I mean the layer name is supposed to be changed once initially and not every time you open the Setup window.
(゚∀゚)/\(゚∀゚) fellow! (<= this means :cheers: in Japanese)
I have got an idea that it is necessary to have "editabe" toggle box (☑check box) for allowing to rewrite or protecting of "Layer Name" on the tab, simply like as "Enable caption matching" check box in "Find Window" dialog.

thanks,
suke
I agree too - I keep changing it by mistake, but Ive never gotten so angry about it that Ive bothered to change it.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: I've set Middle clicking over the system tray to send my hotkey for opening the Setup window. After I open it and switch to another app/window, using the hotkey again does not bring the Setup window to the front. Is it possible to do that without reverting any unsaved changes? I mean when using the hotkey while the Setup is already open to merely switch to it and not reopen it again.
Hotkeys are disabled while the setup window is opened - so no thats not going to be possible.
injtsvetkov wrote:And also it would be nice (if possible :)) to be able to minimize the Setup window by clicking it in the taskbar.
Sigh, so we want to be able to minimize the window now - which will mean adding a close box and a "system" menu/icon in the top left....
I suppose it can be done but I think I might leave that for the next beta run!
--[ Phil ]--