XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote:Hi, Sir.
I have got some ideas and needs for XMBC.

I hope "Change Movement to Scroll" action to be ONE-combined-function of two selectable methods existing ("Stiky" and "Drag"), what likes as "All-in-One Gestures / Mouse Gestures Suite" (Firefox add-on), whose optional function "Auto-scrolling + Grab-and-Drag scrolling".
-> e.g.
3 in 1 radio buttons group: "Sticky" (until next click) / "Drag" (during button pressed) / "Both methods"
"Both methods" will give to us "Sticky" and "Drag" which depends on either length of time belongs to the button held pressing down or a mouse movement before the button released off.
And I think that "Drag" action should be with moving of the mouse pointer in the screen, that belongs to physical movements of the mouse.

(Now, "Change Movement to Scroll (Drag action)" works without moving of the mouse pointer. When I need large scrolling in an window element with "Change Movement to Scroll (w/Drag)" -- i like this method -- and i repeat letting my mouse move 2 or 3 times. In 1st action, the mouse is moved on the mouse pad from center to the edge but the mouse pointer is stayed on center of the screen. I move my mouse to center position before 2nd action, ooh, the mouse pointer is located out of the scrolling area! It makes me to relocate my mice for resetting the position with physical moving it with lifting it up, what bothers me.)
I dont full understand what you are getting at here... It is not clear what the point of another option (both) would be - why it is needed etc. In any case, any changes here wont be until the next beta, but some clarity would be nice.
sukemaru wrote:2.
Please, add features to Global Settings, XMBC changes Windows mouse settings for sensitivity of "Drag" and "Double-click" directly. The sensitivity of "Drag" will work as a threshold of "Drag" and a trigger switch of "Cancel Chording".
-> e.g.
"Drag threshold rect: <n> pxls" (REG DragHeight/Width entry in "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" key @XP).
"Double-click threshold rect: <n> pxls", and "its interval: <n> ms". (DoubleClickHeight/Width and DoubleClickSpeed in REG "HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse" key @XP).
Do you mean do this for the "Unblock when the mouse moves" in chording? I could do that (currently it is hard coded to 5 pixels. I could pick it up from that registry location instead I guess - although I'm not convinced it is worth changing it?!
Why add the double click sensitivity control - its not used anywhere in XMBC? Just because you want an easy place to change the windows setting?
sukemaru wrote:3.
Please, add new commands to the Drop-Down-List either "Explorer - Relocate window to specified folder" command, or "Explorer - Go to Desktop"(in current window) command, which shall effect like as "HOME [Alt+Home]" command on WEB browsers without open new window/tab. ** "DESKTOP(HOME)" is special shell-folder where is shown in the top of the Explorer-tree view (specified in REG "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders / User Shell Folders" key). ** It may work on window/dialog areas have a SysListView.xx class, i wish.
This is not possible - I can't change the selected folder inside explorer as it does not expose any API/Message system to do this as far as I know. All I can do is open new windows (launch new processes).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:Is it possible to add option "Break simkeys when mouse move" in SimKeys window just like "unblock chording when mouse move" ?

I would like to have double functionality on my button:
when I press it I got "zoom fit" (so sim key is working as intended sending ctrl+t)
when I hold and drag it i got "pan" (so sim key is broken because mouse move and not working, but i got original application behavior).
I guess it would be possible, although complex, BUT its not clear to me why you need it. Are you using chording to do this? Why does moving the mouse break the sim-key - the sim-key shouldn't even be active if the pan "chord" is active?
BriHecato wrote:Want to hear what are you planning for next version :) Maybe double-clicks? Maybe moar buttons? Maybe Simkey coloured syntax? Maybe macro recording? We need something to find bugs in ;)
No plans for the next version yet.
That will come once I have 2.16 released and the bugs/suggestions start coming in. I don't have time to plan ahead properly like that. There are lots of things on the todo list but no idea if/when I will get round to doing them.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote: Never thought or used any of this alt+ shortcuts :D

Phil, You need to find other keys for "access" - alt+e is "Export" and "wheel down", alt+v is "Save profile" and "remove profile", alt+l is "left button" and "load profile".
Maybe add "user" to profiles (not to application/window profiles - You know what i mean).
Arggghhhh Ive run out of keys!
I think its easier to take the ALT+ accelerators off rather than trying to make up new words (user) in there which wont fit easily, especially once translated...
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

BriHecato wrote:Not quite.
Those values depends on how application form is designed - in some apps coordinates do not belongs to whole window. But each object (handle, class etc) have separate coordinates (but yes starts from left top - and count to right bottom) - objects like menus, button bars, draving canvas, side panels - and all of this is separate object for XMBC, and you can have separate profile for it.
I've never said that I was implying to whole windows. I'm calling that application forms or objects as specific windows lol.

By the way, go to the language topic (or pm me) and write what do you think about my new Polish translation. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 12.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!a
Changes since v2.16 Beta 11:
  • #478 - Fixed/changed accelerator keys on layer tabs.
  • #476 - Fixed disabled drop-downs can still be scrolled - button chording window.
NOTE: Since beta 8, you will have to edit any profiles using window area/regions and re-tick the box "activate the profile only when the cursor is in the specified area"

There are some changes to the template, but no new translations (I updated all the language packs to match the new accelerator strings (#478).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Scrolling in chording window is blocked, but you could also hide that "** No Change (Don't intercept) **" from disabled options (I know that I'm being mean lol).

By the way there's no need to enable checking for updates to update. I can right click on tray icon and choose to check updates manually. It's faster than to wait to the next day for update. It would be nice though if you could add a button to manually check for updates in settings window.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:Scrolling in chording window is blocked, but you could also hide that "** No Change (Don't intercept) **" from disabled options (I know that I'm being mean lol).

By the way there's no need to enable checking for updates to update. I can right click on tray icon and choose to check updates manually. It's faster than to wait to the next day for update. It would be nice though if you could add a button to manually check for updates in settings window.
I dont think there is any need to hide "nothing dont intercept" that's what it would do. As I said before XP support is minimal and this disabled combo only applies to XP - be glad I made the changed to disable the combo :). Think of it as "An incentive to upgrade a 16y/old, insecure OS" :)

As for a button to check for updates - there is no room for it and I dont feel like redesigning the whole interface just to fit one in there. Opening the about box should check for updates too by the way so you could say its already there :).
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:I don't think there is any need to hide "nothing don't intercept" that's what it would do.
But you've already hidden it in the main window, so... :P
As for a button to check for updates - there is no room for it and I don't feel like redesigning the whole interface just to fit one in there. Opening the about box should check for updates too by the way so you could say its already there :).
I think it would fit in the line with beta check box at the end of the group box. Nevertheless if the about button checks for updates that's okay. I'll check after next beta if that works. If not, I'll meanly complain :P . (Yeah, being mean today, also in quoting lol)
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

phil wrote:
BriHecato wrote:Is it possible to add option "Break simkeys when mouse move" in SimKeys window just like "unblock chording when mouse move" ?

I would like to have double functionality on my button:
when I press it I got "zoom fit" (so sim key is working as intended sending ctrl+t)
when I hold and drag it i got "pan" (so sim key is broken because mouse move and not working, but i got original application behavior).
I guess it would be possible, although complex, BUT its not clear to me why you need it. Are you using chording to do this? Why does moving the mouse break the sim-key - the sim-key shouldn't even be active if the pan "chord" is active?
No, no. Wait. I do not have any chording yet here or shortcut. Just asking about possibility.
When I hit button I want my simkey to work (no matter if I use [1: on press] or [2: on release] or [9: on press and release] - i try all three of them but doesn't get desired result)
But when I hold button and change my mind - i want to move mouse to break the simkey execution, and perform default action as like drag with that button.
In chording you hardcoded mouse movement by 5pixels to unblock first button that is held waiting for the second button. Maybe something like that can be done in simkeys.

-----------------------------
2.16 beta12

Alt+letter shortcuts woring properly (I think)
But still in widow profile panel you can change profiles by hitting mouse button with simkey that has a ctrol+letter - so main windows still reacts to default rebinding.
Maybe You can set default focus on one neutral element in XMBC main window?
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummm, default focus should be in the layer name text box.
And the profile list, when focused, reacts to keys - whether they are sent from the keyboard or a sim-key. I don't think I can do much about that?
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thank you for fixing and replying.
phil wrote:I dont full understand what you are getting at here... It is not clear what the point of another option (both) would be - why it is needed etc. In any case, any changes here wont be until the next beta, but some clarity would be nice.
I am sorry, it is very difficult for me to explain in English.
I want to use "Change Movement to Scroll" in the same sense as grabbing and scrolling with Adobe Acrobat or PhotoShop. When I set the sensitivity so that the mouse moving distance and the moving amount of the screen are the same, I feel that it is very hard to use "Change Movement to Scroll" because the cursor does not move while scrolling.
It is needful for "Change Movement to Scroll" to be able to select NEW option: "Cursor moves while Scrolling", my troubles will be solved.

For "BOTH". I would like to be able to use both methods of "Grabbing" the screen, and to keep continuous scrolling "sticky" like "Auto scroling" of Adobe Acrobat. Then, when I move the mouse with holding to press a button set "Change Movement to Scroll" and the cursor grabs the screen and move it during the button pressed. In other, I click the same button (press and release it without moving), "Sticky scrolling" works until next click (toggle mode).
Can XMBC make a choice "BOTH" functions and determine by whether the mouse has moved while the button is pressed, technically? If it is possible, "Change Movement to Scroll" panel will have the choices of "Behavior": "Sticky (until next click)", "Grab (during button pressed)" and "BOTH" options.
phil wrote:Do you mean do this for the "Unblock when the mouse moves" in chording? I could do that (currently it is hard coded to 5 pixels. I could pick it up from that registry location instead I guess - although I'm not convinced it is worth changing it?!
Why add the double click sensitivity control - its not used anywhere in XMBC? Just because you want an easy place to change the windows setting?
Although not necessary for current XMBC, Will XMBC support them as a great mouse utility?
Many users do not know that sensitivity of dragging and double-click can be changed.
The parts of them feel stressed with a quick double-click, and they move the mouse while double-clicking.
phil wrote:This is not possible - I can't change the selected folder inside explorer as it does not expose any API/Message system to do this as far as I know. All I can do is open new windows (launch new processes).
I'm sorry and thank you for answering.
I noticed that "Explorer - Go to Desktop" (in current window) can be operated on my XP with "Simulated Keystrokes" function.
Folder view with a side panel open: {F4}{HOME}{ENTER}{CTRL}{TAB}{CTRL}{TAB}
without any panel: {F4}{HOME}{ENTER}{CTRL}{TAB}

"Explorer - Relocate window to specified folder" command,
{F4}"DirectoryPath"{ENTER}{CTRL}{TAB}
if the path strings have 2bites charactors (Japanese-Kana and Chinese-charactors with IME),
{F4}"DirectoryPath"{ENTER}{ENTER}{CTRL}{TAB}{VKC:<IME-OFF>}
***<IME-OFF> is own keyboad's key-code No. of [IME on/off].***

thanks,
suke

Additition.
"Always revert to layer 1" item of "Layer tabs (Layer 2 or upper)" is not shown in recent versions. Is this option missing or removed?

And, the line of "Layer/Scroll/Options" Tab-groupe is not able to be set access-keys. Would you like to make them?
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK will add all three items to the todo list and see what we can do in the next beta run or something

Regarding the addition, no it was not intentional. I'll take a look.
EDIT: Yes it still works - its only there is you select "Layer x" in the dropdown so on layer X you get the option to revert to layer 1 instead of the layer you came from.

As for the keys for the tabs, I'm not sure that would work - not least because I've run out of available keys (for the letters used. I think I'll leave that as is for now.
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Many, many Thank you for replyings and willings to adopt my suggestions.

Drop-Down-Lists in Layer tabs respond access keys, "Up/Down" direction keys and the mouse wheel scrolling, it is good to us. But I have other strange on the Layer tabs...

I can not open the list down and show its items ordered by keybord operations. I think that the forcused(highlited) list should be open and drawn by the first hit "Down" direction key ordinally, or when "Space" / "Right" direction keys pressed.

When I have selected and changed the listed items with only some keys or mouse wheel scrolling operations (without mouse buttons click), I will let XMBC apply the changed, but "Apply" button is NOT enabled.

And
about access keys for the tabs (and for the frame of "Application / Window Profiles:" region, if it matters), even if XMBC in original English language cannot be added them, Will you allow translators or users to set the keys arbitrarily? Since there was room for packing letters on GUI in recent versions, I would like to add accelerators to Japanese GUI in the form of (&X) at ends of the sentence.

thanks,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote: And
about access keys for the tabs (and for the frame of "Application / Window Profiles:" region, if it matters), even if XMBC in original English language cannot be added them, Will you allow translators or users to set the keys arbitrarily? Since there was room for packing letters on GUI in recent versions, I would like to add accelerators to Japanese GUI in the form of (&X) at ends of the sentence.
You should already be able to do that - just put the & in your translation. I'm not doing anything special to make this work, its the MFC framework that does that and all it takes is an & (and maybe me making sure the tab order is correct!)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote:1.
I can not open the list down and show its items ordered by keybord operations. I think that the forcused(highlited) list should be open and drawn by the first hit "Down" direction key ordinally, or when "Space" / "Right" direction keys pressed.

2.When I have selected and changed the listed items with only some keys or mouse wheel scrolling operations (without mouse buttons click), I will let XMBC apply the changed, but "Apply" button is NOT enabled.
1. Will fix - space now drops down the list (the arrow keys just change the selection)
2. Fixed.

I also fixed it so that if you press a character (eg. P) it finds the next entry beginning with that character each time. i.e. Press P and it selects Paste, press P again and it selects 'Print screen' and so on - although there is a small caveat, the selection actually allows you to type multiple keys to narrow down the selection, i.e. type 'pr' and it will go straight to 'print screen'. If there is more than 500ms between keys, it clears its memory and starts again.
BriHecato wrote: 2.16 beta 10
Little annoying behavior that i need 2 hours to understand :)

In configuration window of XMBC you got profiles panel that react on keys (jump to profile begin with letter you press on keyboard). So if i press A - it will jump to "Autocad" profile because this panel has the focus when you bring up the window. If i press V it will jump to "Vivaldi" profile.

Now what is happening:
- let's say you place in any profile action "select all ctrl-a" for any button, (also you can add "paste ctrl+v" to other).
- save, close and reopen config window
- clik buttons to change profiles -> A and V
OK I have "fixed" this too - CTRL+key will no long change selection on the profile window - a normal key will though. The selection code is the same as in the drop-down lists (see above).

Beta 13 on its way soon!
--[ Phil ]--