"open Explorer at specified Folder" doesn't work

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
pope5

"open Explorer at specified Folder" doesn't work

Post by pope5 »

Hallo Phil,

I have asked this problem already long time ago and unfortunately, there was no solution. As far as I remember, suddenly the desired function worked again.

Now, I am at Windoes 10 64-Bit and since some days I recognize, that the Windows Explorer doesn't open at the specified folder, when I click mouse button 4 or 5.

Today first I have installed again the latest version of XMBC which didn't solve the problem. Then I have set the debug switch, klicked mouse button 4 an 5 each one time, then the debug switch was set off and finally I deleted everyshing in the log up to today (some lines of yesterday are left).

I attach this log as Xmousebuttoncontrol.log.txt (.log seems to be no shown by #Win Explorer).

Do you know, what's the matter?

Thank you for your help

reagards

pope
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Re: "open Explorer at specified Folder" doesn't work

Post by phil »

According to that log, you didn't press button 4 or 5, or XMBC didn't see button 4 or 5 being pressed.
Things to try (it all works here of course)...

Assign open explorer as specified folder to another button (middle button for example) and see if that works?
Do any other actions on button 4 or 5 work?
Do buttons 4 and 5 highlight the dropdown box (in orange) in the configuration window when pressed?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
pope5

Post by pope5 »

Hi Phil,

it seems, that XMBC doesn't see button 4 and 5 at all when they are pressed.

Due to your answer, I have assigned another function to button 5 and nothing happens. And I see, that in the setup window the appropriate button field becomes yellow when I press the appropriate butten, but the fields for button 4 an 5 never become yellow.

So it is clear, why the desired filders are never opened in win explorer.

Do you have more tipps, what I can do, to determine why these 2 bottons are not seen by XMBC?

I whish you happy easter, I will return on Thuesday next week.

Regards

pope5
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, so what mouse do you have? Some mice (Logitech) can be configured to send different things directly from he hardware and therefore can behave differently. If its not that, then maybe you have some other software on your computer that is detecting/blocking the mouse buttons before XMBC sees them.

Check what mouse driver you are using...
Without XMBC running the 4th and 5th buttons should do back/next in your web browser... If that does not work either, does anything else happen when you press the buttons?

If another piece of software is hooking the mouse, then exiting and re-running XMBC may change the order in which things happen so that is worth a try.

If your using VM software or remote connection software, that may not be sending the 4th and 5th mouse button messages?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
pope5

Post by pope5 »

Phil,

I have tried all your recommendations and can report the following:

I use a no name mouse, called SiverCrest. the system manager shows for "mice and other pointer devices" 3 entries each showing as HID-conformable mouse (sorry, I do not know the exact computer terminology). The driver details show C:\windows\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys and C:\windows\system32\drivers\mouhid.sys.

When I terminate XMBC, get into Google Chrome Explorer and press button 4 or 5 nothing happens. So it is clear, that there is no XMBC problem.

Finally, I have recently installed the latest version of virtual Box. And there I remember, I had to install some software in the host system, to prevent, that the mouse an the keyboard is not trapped in the virtual machine window. however, I do not know, how to remove this additional feature temporarily, to test if XMBC then works as desired.

By now, I have to accept this.

Thank you for your help.

pope5
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

pope5 wrote: Finally, I have recently installed the latest version of virtual Box. And there I remember, I had to install some software in the host system, to prevent, that the mouse an the keyboard is not trapped in the virtual machine window. however, I do not know, how to remove this additional feature temporarily, to test if XMBC then works as desired.
I bet that is related... I dont use virtualbox (VMWare instead) but from what you say, it sounds like it might well be intercepting/messing with those messages.

Everything else you mentioned looks fine.

Let me know if you do figure it out (i.e. if you find the software that makes a difference)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--