XMBC 2.15 - Change Movement To Scroll problem?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phillord
New User

XMBC 2.15 - Change Movement To Scroll problem?

Post by phillord »

I just upgraded to 2.15 and have found problems with ChangeMovementToScroll.

I have this bound to Mouse 4 for my Logitech Marble Mouse. On upgrading, it started launching the magnifier. I tried resetting it to do nothing then back again, and now it does nothing. I have downgraded again to 2.14 and the problem disappears.

Anything I can do to help debug this? Incidentally, are older versions available from anywhere on the main web site? I had to grab one of a random location on the internet which never feels great.

Thanks for the software!
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15

Post by phil »

Hi,

Firstly, Change movement to scroll was changed quite a bit in v2.15 with a new dialog and the removal of the old actions, combined into one. It was test quite a bit, but there is nothing like letting it loose on the general public to find more issues :).

From a debug point of view, the first thing would be to PM me a copy of your settings file (if you don't mind) then I can see if I can recreate the problem. If I can then it should be fairly straight forward to work our what I have broken, and fix it. If not I may come back and ask for some more information.

As for older versions, the are all on the server still. Its just my main link goes through a database to grab the latest version. I normally just provide links when asked, as generally, I'd rather get problems fixed than have people using older versions (because support/bug fixing becomes much more difficult on older versions).

All of my recent releases are signed and the cert has my name and email address in it, so it shouldn't be difficult to verify if it is genuine just by looking at the file properties.

Here is a link to 2.14 - from this you can probably work out the number scheme to grab any older version on the server too :)

https://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/downl ... on=2140000

Thanks,
Phil

PS. I edited the title of you topic just so others may find it more easily if they have similar issues.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15 - Change Movement To Scroll problem?

Post by phil »

Once other thing, in 2.15 when change movement to scroll didn't work, did the cursor change to the movement to scroll cursor, or did even that not work?
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phillord wrote:I tried resetting it to do nothing then back again, and now it does nothing.
After resetting it to do nothing, when you changed it back to "Change movement to scroll" did you see the "Movement to Scroll Configuration" window?
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK it is a bug - but there is a simple fix/workaround...
When loading the old config/settings file, XMBC fails setup the new movement to scroll object (thats the bug) so it does not work.

However, the simple fix, is in the settings window, click the "cog" button next to the dropdown with movement to scroll in it to open the movement to scroll configuration window. Press OK to accept the movement to scroll config and then apply the settings. From now in, it should work!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--