XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by phil »

OK, Its been a week since I released 2.14 and after 77,000 installations of course, a few little bugs have been trickling in. So, I'm starting the beta phase for 2.15.

The things on my to do list for 2.15 are:
  • Properly fix any drawing issues (on the layer tabs).
  • Fix several new bugs reported in 2.14.
  • Change movement to scroll -> Single entry and configuration window, including ability to not block original button & configure sensitivity.
  • Fix issues with simulated keys for {LAYER:Next} and {LAYER:Previous}
  • Ability to customize the change movement to scroll cursor/icon
  • Ability to run applications from simulated keystrokes
  • Ability to save,restore & change the mouse cursor position from simulated keystrokes
  • Add global hotkeys to center/snap cursor to primary monitor, active window, profile window
  • Add layer modifier key to slow down the cursor (for precision work)
  • Add profile based mouse cursor speed control
  • Update the installer to use the newly released NSIS 3.0 instead of NSIS 2.x
  • Ability to set a different action to click or click and hold (if at all possible)
You can always grab the latest beta using this link
Lets kick things off with 2.15 Beta 1 - coming soon.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by phil »

OK so here is 2.15 Beta 1.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.14:
  • #430 - ALT-TAB option no longer keeping the task switcher open on Windows 7.
  • #429 - SimKeys (during) with {LAYER:2} does not revert
  • #427 - Auto switch layers not work as expected.
  • #425 - Layer next/previous sim keys don't work as expected.
  • #424 - Ability to not block mouse button when using Change Movement To Scroll. Included in a new Change Movement to Scroll configuration window.
  • #423 - Added ability to change the cursors for scrolling & axis locking.
  • #395 - Improved change movement to scroll so it works better with trackballs.
  • #312 - Ability to configure the speed for Change Movement to Scroll.
  • #234 - Add ability to customize the precision for change movement to scroll.
  • #119 - Added ability to clip (lock) the mouse cursor to the profile's main window.
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new update features, but I don't expect this to be final in a hurry so you may want to take your time with the translations for now!

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Beautiful :!: :D
MovToScroll.jpg
Tried the new Clip cursor feature :):
Used it for the XMBC profile. I R-click the tray icon and when I click on Setup, the cursor gets stuck in the top-left corner of the display. The context menu remains open but the Setup window does not open. Then I use my global hotkey, the Setup opens but the cursor is still stuck and when I hit Esc the Setup closes and the cursor gets unstuck. If I double click the tray icon or directly use my global hotkey - there is no problem. Then I open 'Movement to Scroll' config window and click it so the cursor gets locked in it, but after I close it the cursor still remains locked in it's region until I click on the edge and drag.
When I used it for my browser profile, I restored the browser window and clicked on it to get locked. Then after I maximized the browser the cursor again remained stuck in the the region of the restored window. Now if go I down with the browser maximized, the cursor goes 3 mm in the taskbar instead of the edge of the window, I wonder if that's intentional coz currently I am able to click the Start button and the System tray but if it goes to the edge of the window that won't be possible.
At first, I thought the only way to unlock from the current window w/o closing it is to click on the edge and drag but in the most cases that changes the window size. Then I discovered that it's enough to CLICK on the edge to unlock. Could you please post some detailed info about that feature?

P.S.
Something strange is happening with the layer next/previous with Sim Keys but I'll test later and report!

Thanks
Iliya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The clip was a bit of a test - I just call the windows API and give it the rectangle of the active window - thats perhaps not the best idea because the active window may not be the main window (ie movement to scroll in your case!).

I'll have to rethink that one.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

1) Phil could you make that with every next full and beta version we can see how many users dowlonaded (updated) their XMBC app.? It could look like in this example:

That "header" number is not needed, but that next to XMBC previous version would be nice. It can be little problem as beside showing changes made by current version it had to update line of previous version of that number of downloads / updates. It could be done also on the dedicated page: http://highrez.co.uk/ ---> XMBX ---> What's new?. Like I said just for fun info before full version will be released we (simple users) could see how many people use another Beta's as well).

2) I see you plan to change NSIS installer from 2.0 to 3.0, what is good news for me as it should let you make easier to "enforce" correct internet browser to link to your Download section. As I described in one topic there is problem with Chrome (I don't know how about about browsers beside Firefox you use(?) and I checked aslo it's fine) as it opens your site once after update / installation in IE, even if I have Chrome as default. I checked it in my job, and found this problem too): https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 026#p10026
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't want to display the number of downloads/installs as a) its unreliable b) it would require some calls to the database and is spread across multiple versions/install types and c) its of no real use to anyone! Also embedding it in the text will be a real pain - its just a simple text file, and I don't want to have to make it HTML - because then publishing the changelog will be a pain.

I could put a download count on the main website - but it would slow things down, because it would have to come here (on my relatively slow connection) and query my database so I don't think its worth it, especially as the number is not all that accurate. If I could do that asynchronously then it might work, some javascript to get the number using a http get/post may work - no idea how to do that though (if its possible).
2) I see you plan to change NSIS installer from 2.0 to 3.0, what is good news for me as it should let you make easier to "enforce" correct internet browser to link to your Download section. As I described in one topic there is problem with Chrome (I don't know how about about browsers beside Firefox you use(?) and I checked aslo it's fine) as it opens your site once after update / installation in IE, even if I have Chrome as default. I checked it in my job, and found this problem too): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2393&p=10026#p10026
I don't see how the version of NSIS will make any difference on which browser your system chooses to use. The reason its opening in a different browser (I think - and I thought I had said this before) is that the installation runs in a different user context (administrator) and I suspect for you, that user has a different default browser. That all I can think of to explain it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so here is 2.15 Beta 2.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 1:
  • #431 - Add ability to run applications from simulated keystrokes {RUN:<>}
  • #427 - Auto switch timer for non-default profiles not working.
  • #119 - Improvements to the clip cursor option.
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new/updated features!

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

When I know how to use {RUN:<>} in simulated keystrokes I'll test it. Now I need some examples as nothing worked :(
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Now when I Clip in the Setup window, the only way out is through the top of the window. Nothing happens if I click (or click and drag) on the other three edges. However the cursor no more gets stuck and when I close the window the cursor is not locked to it's boundaries any more :). Now the Clip does not apply to the child windows but I am beginning to think that it might be good to have an option to switch that on/off coz probably it would be useful in some cases :roll:
And another thing, if I open a child window, and then I need to click on another app to copy some data, it is impossible to escape the Clip without closing the child window which is a bit of a downside :(
Unfortunately, on my browser profile the Clip behaves as it was in Beta 1 :(. I can escape from everywhere but when I maximize the window the cursor remains locked in the boundaries of the restored window. And when it is maximized the cursor still goes 3 mm below the bottom edge (into the taskbar area), it's the same in excel - I presume that's not intentional but I am not sure if it is good or bad (?)
Last edited by injtsvetkov on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahh bu**er - yes if you change the size of the window, the clip region will not be changed (until you click a button in the window again). Maybe this is why I had ignored this one for so long - its actually going to be a lot more tricky the first impressions. Perhaps its one to undo! Then again, while not suitable in *most* cases for some windows (games?) it could still be useful as is.... I don't know!

BTW you can also unclip by hitting the win key/alt-tab etc.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:When I know how to use {RUN:<>} in simulated keystrokes I'll test it. Now I need some examples as nothing worked :(
{run:notepad}
{run:c:\windows\notepad.exe}

Both work fine here.
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote:I don't know!
I know :). Don't undo it! I am sure it will be useful as it is! Just as you may have noticed, I am a bit of a perfectionist so whatever you do I'm gonna find something more that could be done to get even closer to perfection :P
phil wrote:if you change the size of the window, the clip region will not be changed (until you click a button in the window again).
Well that is absolutely bearable, just you need to have it in mind and get used to it :wink:
phil wrote:BTW you can also unclip by hitting the win key/alt-tab etc.
That's what I meant, to give some detailed info (like manual) about the feature so we could know what options we have. Actually I was gonna suggest using kbd hotkey to unlcip since I didn't know you already had it done :)

P.S.
Did you see the update on my previous post?

EDIT: Oh, I thought you modified those keys to only unclip when you are clipped and after you are unclipped then they would return to their regular function :oops:
In that case I am officially suggesting the addition of a specific hotkey for unclip :angel:
Last edited by injtsvetkov on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Mirano
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

That's funny I tried all combinations with notepad before your answer. They were also exactly those you wrote. I set it in Default and in other apps in different button keys. After your answer I tried again everything and nothing. I restarted computer just in case... still nothing helped. So I updated XMBC once again and it helped. But I had 2.15 Beta 2 already...

Bad news is that with 2.15 Beta 2 (it happened before run:... started working - so when I got 2.15 Beta 2, and after another reupdate when run:... started working) quite often upper icons and right gears are undisplayed untill I move mouse cursor over them.

UPDATE

Ps 1. maybe that wasn't 2.15.2 but still 2.15.1 as now I see note in simulated keys that before I didn't see when I looked. Then I have to ask everybody as it happens on my computer quite often: when you make update to next version will it always make update, or only say it did, installation progress starts and ends but it is still previous (current) version? Nothing helps, I mean another update too untill I restart computer and then make update again (I have it in my work too, so I guess it might happen to others...)

Ps 2. I see in the note in simulated keystrokes that you can run only files with .exe extension, but I tried with already created .txt so for ex. {run:d/a.txt} and it worked too. Propably if that was .bat etc it was okey as well. I think just for precision that note should be a little changed as may enter people into mistake and they even won't try to "execute" something what doesn't end with .exe
Last edited by Kukurykus on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Kukurykus wrote:quite often upper icons and right gears are undisplayed untill I move mouse cursor over them.
:hide: Hasn't happened to me yet but.....
HAMA Mirano
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

{layer:previous} - refers to the command in Sim Keys
Layer (Previous) - refers to the command in the drop-down list

Layer (Previous) switches the layers from right to left and is looping. I expected {layer:previous} to do the same but it switches to the last active layer instead (like {layer:last}), so if assign {layer:previous} to layers 2 and 3, I expect clicking once while on L3 to get me to L2, then clicking again - to L1 and if I click again at L1 - nothing, since there isn't {layer:previous} there.
If I assign {layer:next} to all layers, it works as expected but it doesn't loop, it stops at the last layer (while the {layer:previous} command is looping).

I assign {layer:previous} to first 3 layers, {layer:next} to L4 and again {layer:previous} to L5 (max layers - 5), using chording RMB+LMB. When one of the first 3 layers is active, if I hold down RMB and click repeatedly LMB, it switches repeatedly between the current and the last layer (e.g. L2->L3->L2->L3.....). If I start from L5, the same actions leads to the same result (L5->L4->L5->L4.....). However, if I start from L4 (where I have {layer:next}), holding down RMB and clicking LMB switches to L5 and if I click again LMB w/o releasing RMB - nothing happens - it gets stuck to L5! Even if at that moment I release the RMB and do the chord again, it still won't go to L4 as it should! Now the strange thing is that if I start from L4 and do the whole chord every time, it works fine - L4->L5->L4->L5..... (but at the moment I hold down RMB on L4 again and click LMB - it again stucks at L5).

Aaaah, I did it at laaast :x. It was so hard to explain it accurately. I hope it's gonna be easier to comprehend and reproduce it :)
HAMA Mirano