What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
coldlucas23

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by coldlucas23 »

Logitech M560 does NOT work 100% with XMBC, do NOT buy it;
Logitech M510 works perfectly with XMBC as long as you do NOT use SetPoint together, however, SetPoint is crap, so you're not losing much.
XMBC MasterRace!

Tested M510 with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, every function works.
The mouse have all buttons available on XMBC, including tilt-wheel. And is also wireless, and it's cheaper than Performance MX.
Soul
New User

Post by Soul »

Redragon M601 CENTROPHORUS works fine, including buttons 4 and 5
siealex
New User

Post by siealex »

A4TECH X7 X-710MK works fine, but its sixth button (double click) can be set up only in its original software. All other button must be set up to default functions.
quicktrick
New User

Post by quicktrick »

No-name cheap 6-button chinese mouse bought at ebay (e b a y . c o m/itm/331744025886?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT). Works fine except the 6th button (above the wheel), which doesn't work at all.
Unfortunately the mouse doesn't have an OEM driver nor any support.

Phil, could you please make your excellent software work with 6-button mice?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Phil, could you please make your excellent software work with 6-button mice?
No I cant, please read "Can you add support for more buttons?" the FAQ which explains why!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Hello

I'm looking for a mouse with tilt that works with XMBC. Mouse must be big, lightweight and wired.
Or a workaround for my current mouse.

Got Logitech 502 Proteus Spectrum and XBMC doesn't recognize wheel tilt (bad wheel, bad shape so i sold that mouse).
Now got clone of Shogun Bros Ballista mouse (sold under brand Natec Genesis) and XMBC also doesn't recognize wheel tilt. Tilt works in windows app and pan screens left and right.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

What version of Windows are you using and have you installed any other mouse software/drivers (inc. from the mouse manufacturer)? I'm surprised it does not work with the Logitech, as my Logitech G9 and M500 mice work fine (without setpoint/whatever its called these days).
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Without any software G502 tilt wasn't recognize (trid on two machones with Win7).
So I install Logitech gaming software and remove XMBC. In LGS I was able to set almost everything (with automatic profile switch depend on application I was using). But some time passed and i still didn't feel the G502.

Yesterday i remove everything in system about my current Natec Genesis: reset all macros, dpi settings, remove HID devices, mouses etc. replug mouse and check twice XMBC - no tilt ;)
Today I start machine and curious about reinstall 2.13 ...
and it f..k WORKS!

Hmm but I'm about to test beta 2.14 anyway :)
Aeternamens
New User

Post by Aeternamens »

I bought Trust GXT x130 which is the cordless version of Redragon Mammoth, but it hasn't any driver. Mouse works fine, but I can't program one button on the left side (Left Control by default) and double-click button in XMBS.

Could anyone help me with instruction how to program these buttons or XMBS can't program my mouse's buttons without mouse driver?
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

coldlucas23 wrote:Logitech M560 does NOT work 100% with XMBC, do NOT buy it;
Logitech M510 works perfectly with XMBC as long as you do NOT use SetPoint together, however, SetPoint is crap, so you're not losing much.
XMBC MasterRace!

Tested M510 with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, every function works.
The mouse have all buttons available on XMBC, including tilt-wheel. And is also wireless, and it's cheaper than Performance MX.
I wanted to order Logitech M560 before I saw your post, but fortunately in shop with mices this model was available. I pressed all buttons and found out that when you press middle one you change behaviour not only a scroll but also a sole roll. Normally other mouses got additional button, especially to change roll speed, and that is okey. With M560 if I had something asigned by XMBC to middle button then each time I clicked that I had to deal with fast/slow roll I may don't need at the moment. Only this one thing was enough bad for me to forget about this model. Too bad, as I liked its design.

Anyway I'd like to get to know what exactly didn't work with XMBC if you still remember it?

In regard to Logitech M510 I ordered it together with Logitech M545 and after tests with XMBC I found that when you made your post they both could be perfect purchase. Nowdays when Phil implemented chording not anymore. They both have the same bug, so 5th button doesn't work with 4th. Additionally 4th works with 5th in strange manner, and not alwyas untill you install SetPoint. Unfortunately when you do it a tilt stop working, however I don't remember if completetly or just as chord where intitial key is 4th / 5th button or left / right button.

I really wasn't pleased with the fact I have to give M545 back to shop as its design was perfect for me. But that no matter as far as a roll had not steplike move like M510 I had for above reasons say to goodbye too.

I had in my hand a Logitech Permormance MX as well. That wasn't bad, but I had no chance to try it with XMBC. Anyway, from time Phil offeres chording in his tool I'm never forgeting to think how easy/hard will be using combination of different buttons / roll to achieve performance of "another button" in result. I must say that Performance Mouse MX loses with other mices in this sense. It's possible to use it after all but with not feeling that this mouse could be made also for it by a luck of designer.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

BriHecato wrote:Hello

I'm looking for a mouse with tilt that works with XMBC. Mouse must be big, lightweight and wired.
Or a workaround for my current mouse.

Got Logitech 502 Proteus Spectrum and XBMC doesn't recognize wheel tilt (bad wheel, bad shape so i sold that mouse).
Now got clone of Shogun Bros Ballista mouse (sold under brand Natec Genesis) and XMBC also doesn't recognize wheel tilt. Tilt works in windows app and pan screens left and right.
BriHecato wrote:Without any software G502 tilt wasn't recognize (trid on two machones with Win7).
So I install Logitech gaming software and remove XMBC. In LGS I was able to set almost everything (with automatic profile switch depend on application I was using). But some time passed and i still didn't feel the G502.

Yesterday i remove everything in system about my current Natec Genesis: reset all macros, dpi settings, remove HID devices, mouses etc. replug mouse and check twice XMBC - no tilt ;)
Today I start machine and curious about reinstall 2.13 ...
and it f..k WORKS!

Hmm but I'm about to test beta 2.14 anyway :)
BriHecato, it's bad to read a tilt didn't work in Logitech 502 Proteus Spectrum as I compared this mouse with few others in a shop and everything I clicked singly or in chord keying was exactly made a way I could imagine myself. Especially I liked a roll with a 2 modes, smooth and steplike I could change by separate button. Sole roll was perfectly made for my needs. It was very slack, enough to control it easily pressing at same time left button without "any" strength to tilt as chords with. What amazed me there was no risk that using this kind of almost came loose roll for scrolling I could tilt it accidentally or vice versa. In my work where I need to use fastly different combination of mouse buttons it could let me to rid of constant awareness I move something too strongly or focus how to put fingers I could tilt a roll without pressing middle button or do it without loosing time for slow and enough exact positioning.

Now I don't know I should buy it, as it seems I won't do anything it worked better way, and the more so because, I believe it'll be usless as I met other Logitech mouses which can't satisfy my expectations. No matter high price and a cable as it's meant for gamers as far as from all mouses this one is perfect.

How about your later purchase, Shogunbros Ballista-MK-1 / Natec Genesis GX88 as you said it works finally with XMBC, can you use it with 2.14 at the end normally and chording too? Is a tilt some way similar to Logitech 502 you can tilt it lightly or it needs harder thursting with index finger pressing left button as a first chord?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

Hey everyone.. I need a mouse thats fully compatible with Xmouse with the following attributes:

- bluetooth
- long lasting battery
- 5 - 6 button

Let me know !!!!!
krzysiunet
New User

Post by krzysiunet »

Remote control interVideo RC-201 - works.

It's recognized by Windows as two HID devices - keyboard and mouse. It acts mostly as a keyboard, but there are also keys which simulate mouse and that's how I checked it.

@xlook - I'd add range. I've some experience with cheap Bluetooth stuff and it's odd when in most my cases you need to have receiver at most 50 cm away from mouse. Pointless. In the case of wireless connection, I recommend to stay away from brandless stuff or brands which were like that at first and that includes Tracer, Esperanza and Logitech. I know the last one will be controversial, but that's simply experience of person whose job is to fix people's PCs, including problems with mouses - me :P In fact Tracer and Esperanza is the same hardware as Logitech, with just different name and case, so if you would want Logitech, it won't make difference if you'd but 5 times cheaper brandless mouse.

By my experience (and as I got a few days ago, some experts in Poland - devops and sysops) the office hardware is very good. By office I mean companies which often offer their products to corporations. My favorites include HP, Fujitsu and Microsoft.
Cuesta
New User

Post by Cuesta »

Works perfect with the Surface Mouse, but it only has three buttons. Is XMBC suppose to work with every three button mouse? Asking cause in the requirements says "mouse and driver that supports 5 buttons" and it's a useful program too to swap between left and right handed, or change the behaviour of the middle click.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

XMBC works fine with only 3 button mice, you just dont get so many buttons to configure :). I guess I could make that clearer in the FAQ, it was more to say that more than 5 buttons will be a problem... I guess it should say up to 5 :).
--[ Phil ]--