XMBC 2.14 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.14 Beta

Post by phil »

Yes, I was suggesting a minor tweak to the flyout text (If it doesn't have it already!)
OK, Done for the next beta, along with an updated user manual (arghh I hate documentation lol)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
piyo

Post by piyo »

In recent versions, I have mouse wheel problem too.
Attach "Run Application" command to wheel down, and rotate mouse wheel quickly.
Then sometimes "not found" dialog will open or file explorer window will open.
These problem never happened before.

Windows 10 x64 build 14393.82

EDIT:
beta 5 doesn't have this problem.
beta 6 don't know, I didn't install
beta 7 and beta 8 have this problem
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Any particular command to run?
--[ Phil ]--
piyo

Post by piyo »

phil wrote:Any particular command to run?
No, any command.
For example, as a test I only wrote "notepad.exe" in command line.
As you can see "not found" messages in attached image, command line were broken randomly and only "note" is correct.
not_found.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Got it happens (infrequently) here too.
This will be a result of the change in beta 1 (#382 - Modified the code to launch processes from a separate, low priority thread to prevent the hook thread locking up/timing out.) so not sure quite why it seemed OK in some beta's!

Will have a look tomorrow if I get a chance.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.14 Beta 9

If you have check for beta versions enabled, there was a problem in earlier 2.14 betas which means you will have to update manually if you are on 2.14 beta 2 or 3. Otherwise you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.14 Beta 8:
  • #414 - Fixed a problem with Run Application failing when repeatedly called very quickly.
  • #413 - Fixed miss-aligned text for the brightness tags in simulated keystrokes window.
  • #411 - Updated the update notification to say "Click here for more details."
  • #404 - When installing a language pack, select the new language tab.
There is one new translations for this beta.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Look at screen: (I had to write it as it didn't let me to post only a screen. Would be nice you change it so if someone has only an image to post he doesn't need to write anything useless)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Missing "Print Ctrl+P" in list of available commands (has it been there before?)
http://i66.tinypic.com/j9rr5e.png

Unable to select more than one profile to export (with shift or something), I know theres right click popup menu with "export selected" and "export all" but think that is little less intuitive.

No bugs so far (after few hours).

Button chording works like a charm - i mean like easy-shift or g-shift from roccat or logitech. I start chording with 4th or 5th button and bind left/right/middle/and tilt - masterpiece.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, glad that so far no bugs and that chording works - thanks for that feedback.
There has never been an option to print (CTRL+P) but you can easily do that yourself using simulated keystrokes and putting in {CTRL}p

As for selecting multiple - I will have a look - it might cause more confusion than its worth, what would I display in the tabs/profile info window when multiple are selected?
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

1. Theres something with 4th and 5th button in browsers - windows by default use them as back/forward - so when I start chording with history-back button, the chord works ... but when I release buttons browser jump back in history
I've set copy paste with chord and scroll like this:
http://i65.tinypic.com/28bd7c0.png

Alright ... I should check the checkbox for block/delay ... Sorry my bad :D

2. Chording remember settings if I change command to any other from listbox, and return to chording - that good.

3. So far I've never hear or see "chording" word within any software I used (even in applications for 3D design where you can rotate with middle button, and pan/zoom while holding left and right simultaneously). So I suggest rename it to something that other mouse users (unexperienced) will more likely understand - "X-SHIFT [TM]"

4. Also got suggestion for interface - if I want to change chording i need to expand listbox and select right command to enter chording dialog (each time I need to click twice). It should be siplier than that. Look at this screen:
http://i66.tinypic.com/fqk48.png
Of course "gear icon" button takes you to "X-SHIFT [TM]" settings.
"Simulated keys" command should be also that easy to enable-enter-and-modify (not clik, scroooool, click)

5. Polish translation has many bugs, some labels and objects have too much characters and disappear partially from view ;)

6. Command list should be sorted not by names but grouped by similar commands. Right now Copy is too far from Cut or Paste to choose. In other languages commands are totally reordered (alphabetically in each language of course) - Copy is "Kopiuj", Paste is "Wklej", Button Chording is "Akord Klawiszy" ... thats why I stay with english ;)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I completetly agree with that BriHecato thought up.

1) I never use anything from button open list than "simulated keys" and chording from a day you added it finally. So like BriHecato mentioned scrolling a list comands to down where "simulated keys" are placed near of bottom is annoying.

2) I'm Pole too, but reason I use english version is that I simply understand most I read in this language and probably there always will be some unexpected differences making confusions in non-original language product like I encountered in many other software.

3) "As for selecting multiple - I will have a look - it might cause more confusion than its worth, what would I display in the tabs/profile info window when multiple are selected?" I' don't know what had to be displayed. If that possible just grey screen would sufficing just for time of coppying if that possible.

3) X-shift sounds quite good, but personally I'd like chording to stay unchanged (but you're right, at the beggining I had some problem to get to know what is that, and only there was some link on this forums to other software using it too helped me understand it in no time)

4) that checkboxes you put in free space between left button names and right droplist is perfect! That space is like waiting to fill of those options with settings gear. Maybe I don't see it's hard to use it as it is now, but honestly that solution at first sigth though quite logical wasn't best. I mainly was happiest there are chording buttons - that was point - no how to choose it. Now with your fresh eyes I can say the same. Would be nice that was changed to that you showed to us.

5) very good idea with taking in one bunch all options by theme. I don't really looked at them for years, there are too many for now, so maybe it's why. But if some of them were grouped that you see what is in about 10 or 20 following subgroups where each got "descriptive (one or more) word' name I wouldn't think, damn what a mess...

- alternatively if the chording had to stay like now (what after BriHecato said I wouldn't like), would be nice at least chords and simulated kayes were on top, over all some less useful options (I know not for everyone of course), but groups of similar options idea rules!

6) btw like I said I use often 'simulated keys' for my workflow, but is there a way to implement in code line something like executing some file, or just running some application. In the easiets example it would be like:

for ex. from RMB:
{execute:%desktop%/somefile.txt}{waitms<1000>}{ctrl}a{ctrl}c{close:notepad}

and then if I click Middle Mouse Button:
{open:notapad}{waitms<1000>}{ctrl}v{close:notepad}{tab}{return}

where {tab}{return} is of course command to to change "yes" button to "no" button in popup dialog.

In other words if there is possibility to open specific app. choosing it from a list you made for as why there had no to be a way to open speciefed (system or path) app. by us implementing it between some simulated code. Right now I have to put at end of some of my 'simulated keys' triggering other mouse button which is bound to some app I want to open. That's ridiculous to do it this way as it's waste of available buttons (even now with chording adventage). So at the end it would be great to have it!

Ps. In my work where originally I had to do some stuff with pictures in Photoshop now after I learnt Javascript language I use it to automate many tasks employes had to do manually. So they had to do many things they weren't engaged to. Fortunately now they can focus on that they are best in and save their time and energy doing even more for realizing their projects. I wnt to say I understand you Phil very good. When they discovered what automation gives with my new abbilities now I have many requests from those people I have to realize they could use a Photoshop the way they like, not Adobe made it. That's fun for me, as they ask me also to make changes to products I did from zero, but without things I had no idea I can do untill they came to me with.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Kukurykus - I know hot set the order of actions - go to your language file :

Code: Select all

c:\users\your_name\appdata\roaming\highresolution enterprises
and find actions you use the most - add in translated area (on the left is original english text, and to the right is translated)

"* "
after XMBC restart you will have them (alphabetically) right under "** default - do not change **".
That way anyone can reorder his favourites actions - can add 1, 2, 3, 4 ... for example to them

If you want to keep english UI - make copy of language template and save it as your language file (overwrite) with proper file extension. Now you can edit "your" language and reorder actions with asterisk or something. It will look like:

before
"Simulated Keys" => ""
after
"Simulated Keys" => "* Simulated Keys"
Proof - http://i63.tinypic.com/15h0w0y.jpg
Last edited by BriHecato on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

Please have a look on this animation

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi AndyK,

Yes I had noticed this - I have put a change in to 2.14 beta 10 to try and fix it, but it was always difficult to reproduce so I don't yet know if the fix is working.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi BriHecato,
Thanks for the feed back and ideas.
BriHecato wrote: 3. So far I've never hear or see "chording" word within any software I used (even in applications for 3D design where you can rotate with middle button, and pan/zoom while holding left and right simultaneously). So I suggest rename it to something that other mouse users (unexperienced) will more likely understand - "X-SHIFT [TM]"
Sorry but I disagree with that one. Chording is the proper established term.
First hit on google... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_chording
Maybe it should be mouse chording not button chording. The term chord orriginates form musical instruments like the piano where pressing two or more keys at the same time plays a "chord"
Of course, you can call it what you like by editing the language file - as you have already found!
Probably better to create a new language file otherwise it will be overwritten with the next update!
BriHecato wrote: 4. Also got suggestion for interface - if I want to change chording i need to expand listbox and select right command to enter chording dialog (each time I need to click twice). It should be siplier than that. Look at this screen:
http://i66.tinypic.com/fqk48.png
Of course "gear icon" button takes you to "X-SHIFT [TM]" settings.
"Simulated keys" command should be also that easy to enable-enter-and-modify (not clik, scroooool, click)
Again, I'm not convinced about this one. Having a checkbox and a button as well as a drop down will be more complicated than just one item I think.
BriHecato wrote: 5. Polish translation has many bugs, some labels and objects have too much characters and disappear partially from view ;)
You are most welcome to fix it. You have already found the language template and translation files. LiquidMX is the only person providing the polish translation for us. Maybe you would like to help out and suggest some changes to him? All translations are left to the community - Unfortunately I only speak English :(.
BriHecato wrote: 6. Command list should be sorted not by names but grouped by similar commands. Right now Copy is too far from Cut or Paste to choose. In other languages commands are totally reordered (alphabetically in each language of course) - Copy is "Kopiuj", Paste is "Wklej", Button Chording is "Akord Klawiszy" ... thats why I stay with english ;)
This one I agree with, its not all that easy to group but I have just played with it and have a solution of some sort. The only problem is that the dropdown list cant easily (without many hours of work writing a custom control in C++ and I have better things to do with my time right now!) actually display the items in groups. so there is no obvious distinction between groups - but at least common items are close together. I might make it optional though because for some, alphabetical is easier (at least in English!)

Phil
--[ Phil ]--