Correct interface ID? (Billion 7402)

Utility to monitor network throughput on devices supporting SNMP such as the Vigor 2600, Billion 7402 & Cisco 2600.
NaRyan
New User

Correct interface ID? (Billion 7402)

Post by NaRyan »

Using SMTPThroughput on a Billion BIPAC-7402 with Firmware v5.07

I have set SMTPThroughput to read the info from interface ID 5
As I thought that would be the correct one due to it being the interface my ADSL connection is on.

However the reported throughput ammount is way off what I have actualy downloaded.
I downloaded 2 linux live cd's just after 15:00 (I waited to 15:00 so that SMTPThroughput would just give me the info for that hour.), the download of the 2 cd's came to about 1.3GB.
However SMTPThroughput only shows a throughput of 370.8MB for that hour.

So I was wondering is interface 5 the correct one to have it monitor?

EDIT:
Nevermind it was my own fault, I forgot to change the Max Bits Per Second settings in the SNMPThroughput.xml file. :roll:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Im glad you found the answer :)
Feel free to let me know if there are any bugs - if I dont respond \"quickly\" send me a PM here so I get email notification :)

thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
beffon
New User

Re: Correct interface ID? (Billion 7402)

Post by beffon »

The BGP peering (i.e., the TCP connection) uses the local loopback IP as the source address instead of the physical interface. This means that the BGP peering can work regardless of which physical interface it's going out of, which is important for things like iBGP to work properly.
RafaelGarza
New User

Re: Correct interface ID? (Billion 7402)

Post by RafaelGarza »

NaRyan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:51 pm Using SMTPThroughput on a Billion BIPAC-7402 with Firmware v5.07

I have set SMTPThroughput to read the info from interface ID 5
As I thought that would be the correct one due to it being the interface my ADSL connection is on.

However the reported throughput ammount is way off what I have actualy downloaded.
I downloaded 2 linux live cd's just after 15:00 (I waited to 15:00 so that SMTPThroughput would just give me the info for that hour.), the download of the 2 cd's came to about 1.3GB.
However SMTPThroughput only shows a throughput of 370.8MB for that hour.

So I was wondering is interface 5 the correct one to have it monitor?

EDIT:
Nevermind it was my own fault, I forgot to change the Max Bits Per Second settings in the SNMPThroughput.xml file. :roll:
Very Helpful Post .......!! thanks for sharing with us.