Motu PC MIdiflyer?

My x64 port of InpOut32
Danx
New User

Motu PC MIdiflyer?

Post by Danx »

HI

Does this driver will allow me to use a MOTU PC MIDI Flyer interface with my parallel port on Windows 7 64?

Since i upgraded from XP 32 i wasn´t able to make it work (BSOD)?

What about the serial port and a MIDISPORT 8x8 interface?

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Motu PC MIdiflyer?

Post by phil »

No idea. What is a MOTU PC MIDI Flyer?
EDIT: OK Google answered that... You would have to write your own interface code to control it with InpOut32 (which I suspect is not what you want to do?)

InpOut32 allows you to peek and poke values in port registers. If the device uses these then maybe it will work. If its on a parallel port then you can probably write code to communicate with it, so long as the parallel port is not a USB device and not an unsupported PCI device. Generally if the parallel port is on the motherboard it will work and if not, it work work - although some expansion cards do work (there are threads here with more info). The same applies to serial ports and any other ports.

Having said that why would you want to use InpOut32 to access the serial port - you have access to that anway through most programming languages. The only reason to do so though InpOut32 would be to set custom BAUD rates by hitting the registers directly.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)