Driver signing status?

My x64 port of InpOut32
mctoz
New User

Driver signing status?

Post by mctoz »

Hi there,

Can you advise what is the status of the inpoutx64 driver with respect to driver signing for use in Windows 10 (or more specifically iOT Enterprise 2016 LTSB, but the rules are probably the same as normal desktop).

Cheers MT
phil
Site Admin

Re: Driver signing status?

Post by phil »

The driver is signed but the signing cert was the old standard and does not meet the latest MS requirement.
I don't know if it works or not - try it and find out. I'm not sure if the new requirements are enforced in 2016 (I think they are in 2019).

I don't have the facility to sign/resign the driver (as a hobbyist a signing cert is not available to me as you have to have a registered company (and $$$) to get one. So what we have is what we have and no more.

PS. Personally I havn't used InpOut for about 5 years so I have no current and up to date experience with newer OS's
PPS. I didnt write the driver (simply ported/recompiled for x64)
PPPS. The current driver was signed by a friendly user who had a signing cert - I have never had that capability my self.

Of course the driver is all open source so someone who did have the ability to sign it could do so!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
mctoz
New User

Re: Driver signing status?

Post by mctoz »

OK Thanks Phil.