InpOut32 work with game port? (or else Gamepad\joystik\wheel for 64 Bit)

My x64 port of InpOut32
action
New User

InpOut32 work with game port? (or else Gamepad\joystik\wheel for 64 Bit)

Post by action »

Hello.
First question in Subj.
Does InpOut support game port? (or midi port)
Second...
Maybe someone have or seen a Gamepad\joystik\or wheel driver for gamepad in 64 bit system? (hidgame.sys for 64 BIT)
Maybe someone can patch this file?
Or maybe there is one whay to program-emulator wich convert 32 bit command to 64..
I hope i describe it clear.

Let me explain.
Microsoft delete support of Gameport (midi) device starting from Vista.
Hovever. It is possible to put control panel and driver from XP to vista, 7,8.1 ....but ONLY 32 BIT.
64 Bit XP also not have Gameport support.
so... i search solution or driver many years... and find only way...write (or patch) driver hidgame.sys for 64 bit
Or...use some library for direct use gameport and after it...again write some program wich can convert pressing button to Keyboard keys for exaple.
phil
Site Admin

Re: InpOut32 work with game port? (or else Gamepad\joystik\wheel for 64 Bit)

Post by phil »

action wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 pm Hello.
First question in Subj.
Does InpOut support game port? (or midi port)
Second...
Maybe someone have or seen a Gamepad\joystik\or wheel driver for gamepad in 64 bit system? (hidgame.sys for 64 BIT)
Maybe someone can patch this file?
Or maybe there is one whay to program-emulator wich convert 32 bit command to 64..
I hope i describe it clear.

Let me explain.
Microsoft delete support of Gameport (midi) device starting from Vista.
Hovever. It is possible to put control panel and driver from XP to vista, 7,8.1 ....but ONLY 32 BIT.
64 Bit XP also not have Gameport support.
so... i search solution or driver many years... and find only way...write (or patch) driver hidgame.sys for 64 bit
Or...use some library for direct use gameport and after it...again write some program wich can convert pressing button to Keyboard keys for exaple.
InpOut32 is for raw access for standard BIOS ports. In theory you could read/write the game port and MIDI port but you would have to read/write the raw data bytes/commands - which I'm guessing wont really be much use to you. And you can generally forget trying to use InpOut32 it if these ports are USB or PCI based or need fast access - for that you will need specific drivers.

As for game controllers, anything HID should work. Why would you want to modify the driver? "Patching" a .SYS file - generally not practical. Not only would it be dangerous, esp without the original source, they are digitally signed drivers and changing them will require re-signing them with a driver signing certificate ($$$$) or they wont install.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)