Alternative to InpOut?

My x64 port of InpOut32
phil
Site Admin

Alternative to InpOut?

Post by phil »

In my search for a WinIO replacement and a signed driver option, I have just stumbled across http://openlibsys.org

It looks pretty new, and it looks like its an alternative to InpOut, it does what inpout32 does and more.

There is also a FULL signed x64 driver!

Is this the end of InpOut? Maybe.. The only problem is that software using inpout will have to be changed.

Has anyone else seen/heard of or tried this new OpenLibSys?

thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
beluga
New User

Re: Alternative to InpOut?

Post by beluga »

Hi Phil,

I've used your inpout32 module initially but eventually have to switch to WinRing0 due as we need to use on 64-bit platform and they have it signed. Anyway, I've been developing the CPU temperature monitoring module and our system has multiple physical CPUs. So far, I'm unable to specifically specify which CPU to monitor, using the WinRing0. They have logical core identification thru the thread affinity parameter for those function with Ex extension but so far I've tried the given sample apps on my case the 2nd CPU doesn't seem to return a correct temperature.

Sorry to have directed you this question instead of to opensyslib. It's just that I thought that this forum is more active.

Thanks

John
phil
Site Admin

Re: Alternative to InpOut?

Post by phil »

Hi,

I've not been keeping up with WinRing0 recently although I notice they have had a few versions released since I last looked. Unfortunately I don't have all that much low level knowledge of these CPUID calls, I've only ever used the ReadIO and WriteIO calls. I'm not sure how this forum could be more active than the winring0 ones - but I see there is nothing on the sourceforge "forum" page. I wonder if its worth emailing the author(s?) at hiyohiyo@crystalmark.info.

Sorry I cant offer any more assistance.
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)