Thanks, Phil

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
rbfb
New User

Thanks, Phil

Post by rbfb »

I've been using Logitech mouses over the years. I've had to put up with buggy driver software and downloading updates from the Logitech website sometimes gave even worse problems. Recently I bought a Microsoft mouse (5 button, wired) to go with my new windows 7 x64 Sandy Bridge desktop. Almost immediately I noticed that my wired keyboard, which had been problem free, began acting 'flaky', especially the left ctrl key which acted as if it was being pressed when it wasn't.

I sort of lived with that problem but wanted to have an extra couple of buttons on the mouse so I ordered a new Logitech G500 wired mouse. (I haven't bought a wireless mouse in some time not wanting to add that complication to the driver software.) While waiting for the arrival of the new mouse I stumbled across your x-mouse software.

I uninstalled the Microsoft Intellipoint software and installed x-mouse. Unbelievable! All problems with the keyboard disappeared and the Microsoft mouse worked as advertised. Ouch! The Logitech mouse was paid for and on the way, but, I rationalized, I did want those extra buttons.

The new mouse arrived and I plugged it into a USB slot. The computer recognized it instantly but more important, your software operated perfectly with the new mouse. I set up the extra buttons to do what I wanted and it was up and running in a couple of minutes.

And talk about icing on the cake. For some time I had set aside the wheel button to do only one thing: Close whatever tab or window or program that had the focus. Your software does it without a problem. Even the cmd.exe box (DOS box) closed on the click using EXIT {return}.

I will do now something I rarely do: send a Paypal donation along with my sincere thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Thanks, Phil

Post by phil »

Hi Rbfb,

I'm glad that XMBC has helped you out - its a nice success story you have there.

Thanks for the feedback and the donation, it is most appreciated.
Phil

PS. I've moved the post to the XMBC forum where it belongs :wink:
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)