XMouse Button Control 2.0 Released

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMouse Button Control 2.0 Released

Post by phil »

I've just released X-Mouse Button Control version 2.0.
You can find it in the usual place, on the downloads page.

this is a fairly major update, hence the jump to v2.0.
For a complete list of changes, check out the version history.

Once again, many thanks to everyone who has helped me test this release, especially MainTrane who has also written the great new user guide.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Torrente

Re: XMouse Button Control 2.0 Released

Post by Torrente »

Just looking at the changelog makes me smile. Awesome release, thanks Phil.
Dwarden
New User

Post by Dwarden »

hello,

nice release
but i noticed slight issue i can't explain for some reason in IE9 (32 and 64bit)
the Simulated Keys (pressed) on PageUp / PageDown which i mapped to buttons 4 and 5 ceased to work after the update from 1.53 to 2.0

is it known issue or any though what is catch?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its not a known issue, that's for sure.
As of release there are pretty much no "known" issues.

I confirm its not working for me either - so much for all the testing :(
I'll look into it tonight.

EDIT: Quick fix, un-tick the box in Sim Keys that says "Only send when window is active". I don't yet know why it does not think its active, but if you enable debug log, you might see the same as me (an error saying its not active). Un-ticking that box will at least avoid that check - although if the window is genuinely not active, it might send the pgup/dn to the active window.
--[ Phil ]--
Dwarden
New User

Post by Dwarden »

ok, i created specific profile just for ie9 process with this settings and it seems to work fine

lets hope this workaround not yield some unexpected results
AlGruz
New User

Post by AlGruz »

Hi Phil.
Devices and drivers:
1.XMouse Button Control 2.0;
2.Windows 7 x86;
3.Mouse SteelSeries_Ikari_Laser, 5 buttons;
4.Device: universal device HID, Microsoft;
5.Software, supplied with the mouse - SteelSeries_Ikari_Laser_Software_v1.0;
To play in Aion wanted to appoint additional mouse buttons 4,5, duplication key 'Alt' and 'Ctrl' keyboard.
Did all the installation procedure:
1.Window 'Application / window profiles' install executable files Aion.exe, Aion.bin;
2. Buttons 4 and 5 set 'Simulated Keys (processed )[{CTRL}]' and 'Simulated Keys (processed) [{ALT}]';
3. Apply.
When you log into the game, click on the additional mouse buttons 4,5, there is no reactions.
What did I do wrong, or, in principle, not possible to assign additional mouse buttons 'SteelSeries Ikari' to duplicate keys 'CTRL', 'ALT' key?

Alexander.

R.S. I apologize for my bad English
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Algruz,

Firstly can I just point out to everyone, that this topic thread is not for raising issues - its notification of a release. When you have problems can you please start a new thread!

Now, lets see about this problem :)

You havn't actually said exactly how you want the 4th and 5th buttons to behave. Are you trying to achive CTRL and ALT being help down while you hold the button down, or a single, quick press as you press the button?

Going on what you said, I suspect you have it set to pressed - although "Simulated Keys (processed )[{CTRL}]" makes no sense, that can never be the text you see. (processed) is not an option. I presume you meant to type (pressed)?

If that is the case, I suggest you try changing the simulated key dropdown to "During (press on down, release on up)".

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
lee321987
New User

Post by lee321987 »

Great release!
"same as default" for button action is awesome!!!
migue333
New User

High CPU usage/mouse lag

Post by migue333 »

I've noticed a possible bug if using the "Enable profile switching no mouse over" option.

If I use the option and move the mouse to the left edge of the screen and move it up and down on a straight line, XMouseButtonControl.exe will use 50% cpu or more (on a dual core cpu) and the mouse will lag badly.

Even worse, while playing games, the mouse will work erratically with this option where moving mouse right and left is very sluggish/laggy.

CPU usage varies on which program is topmost while moving mouse. With Firefox CPU rises to about 10% usage while with Windows Live Mail it goes to 50%.

Can someone reproduce?

Hardware:
-Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @2.5Ghz
-ATI Radeon 4700HD
-4GB DDR2 800
-Habu Mouse withtout software installed.

Software:
-Windows 7 64-bit SP1
-ATI Catalyst 3.11
-XMouse 2.0
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Firstly (AGAIN) can I just point out to everyone, that this topic thread is not for raising issues - its notification of a release. When you have problems can you please start a new thread!

No obvious problem here, on my i5 460M laptop and on several i5 760 based desktops, all Win7 x64 sp1) so I will wait a bit to see if anyone else can reproduce this...

Lots of questions for you though:
  • Is it only on the left of the screen or the right too - is one side of screen worse than the other?
  • If you enable logging, does it seem to do a lot of profile switching? (Note, it might be benifficial to use global hotkeys to switch debugging on and off using keyboard shortcut to capture only when you move the mouse near the screen boundary).
  • How many profiles do you have?
  • Whats your memory usage like - is it near the upper limit (ie. a lot of swapping)?
  • What games? All? Ive not noticed any probs on Crysis2 but thats all i have been playing recently.
The way on mouse move works, it has to respond to every position change, and check what is under the mouse. if the window changes, it has to search all the profiles to find if any match. This obviously has performance overheads compared to not doing it at all (option turned off). However the performance overheads are minimal in my experience so far (far less than 10% cpu).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
migue333
New User

Post by migue333 »

Ah sorry, didn't read the post above. I was going to create a new thread originally but since I saw others post issues here I did it too. Again, sorry!. Can the posts be moved to a new thread?

Now to answer your questions,

The issue happens the same on both edges of the screen. I mentioned left only because the app that it's most noticeable in, Windows Live Mail, wasn't maximized so it didn't have such an effect on right edge.

I've disabled all profiles and issue still occurs. (I have 6 profiles and the default scrolling ones provided).

I've enabled debug logging and noticed this line repeated a lot:

Code: Select all

15-04-2011 20:36:41.0670> Error 87 in GetProcessName(). Unable to access process ID 1: The parameter is incorrect. 
Memory usage is 56% out of 4GB.

The games I've noticed the issue are Team Fortress 2 (Source Engine) and The Ball (Unreal Engine) (can grab e demo of it here http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/ if needed). Haven't tried other games yet.

EDIT: Issue also happens on top and bottom edges of screen.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi migue333, for info I think I have tracked down this high CPU usage. It was doing it for me, only it was less noticeable as I have a quad i5. Anyway i worked out what is wrong and while there is no workaround in v2.0, it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--