Can a horizontal scroll wheel be changed to work for vertical scrolling?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
reyrey
New User

Can a horizontal scroll wheel be changed to work for vertical scrolling?

Post by reyrey »

Hi! I got this mouse-trust ozaa that's having a horizontal scroll wheel,can this wheel be changed to work for vertical scrolling and the normal wheel to be disabled with x mouse button control software,I have problems with my fingers.Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can a horizontal scroll wheel be changed to work for vertical scrolling?

Post by phil »

If the horizontal wheel sends the usual windows "tilt" messages then yes it should be possible.
To find out, open the settings screen and scroll the horizontal wheel - if the "tilt left/right" combo boxes highlight in orange when scrolled then it should be good to go. Just remap the left to scroll up (or mouse wheel up) and right to scroll down (mouse wheel down) then set the vertical scroll up/down to disable.

However, if the combo boxes don't highlight in orange that means the left right messages are not being sent through the "usual" windows mouse message queue that XMBC hooks into - in that case, your probably out of luck!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
reyrey
New User

Re: Can a horizontal scroll wheel be changed to work for vertical scrolling?

Post by reyrey »

It worked,thank you so much!