Middle button setting(scroll wheel)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
amiers
New User

Middle button setting(scroll wheel)

Post by amiers »

Hi all, had this program on another computer. i have forgotten how i got my mouse set to what i wanted hope someone can help. what i need is to have the middle button or scroll wheel to change to zoom in or out when clicked and then back to normal when clicked again. to hopefully help, if i forgot to click when i left my game and i used the scroll in a web page it would adjust the text size until i clicked it back, hope i have explained properly.

than you
phil
Site Admin

Re: Middle button setting(scroll wheel)

Post by phil »

There are several things that spring to mind.

Do you mean, you click the wheel, and then when you scroll the wheel it zooms in apps (like the browser)?
If so then I suspect you were using simulated keystrokes, using method 8 (sticky until clicked again) and {CTRL} in the key(s) to send.

The will hold CTRL when you press the button once, and will release CTRL the second click. While CTRL is held down, scrolling is changed to zooming.

There are other possibilities (if for example by ZOOM you mean "Magnifier" but I don't think so from your description.

Let me know how you get on/if you need more help.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
amiers
New User

Re: Middle button setting(scroll wheel)

Post by amiers »

Thanks so very much, all good :cheers: