x-mouse across multiple tabs.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
JaxK49
New User

x-mouse across multiple tabs.

Post by JaxK49 »

XMBC Version 2.19.2 Installed : Windows 10 Pro
COBRA 5 button mouse
How long have you used XMBC? : 2 hours

I set up x-mouse to use Chording on button 4 and use the wheel to control volume and copied it to a new profile. I selected Opera as the application.
At the time I had Opera GX open with a YouTube tab and it worked great, but when I opened a new tab, none of the options I setup worked. The same thing happened in Google Chrome.
When I tried to setup a new profile for a second tab in Opera, I couldn't as there was already a profile for Opera.

The program does not allow profiles to used across tabs or allow separate profiles for individual tabs in the same application.

Is there a way to setup x-mouse to work on all tabs in Opera GX and Google Chrome?

I look forward to a reply or a link to another post with an answer.

Thanks in advance for any help, Jax.
phil
Site Admin

Re: x-mouse across multiple tabs.

Post by phil »

You setup profiles for applications (processes), not tabs.
So there should be nothing to do - it should work in all tabs (assuming each tab has the same physical process name (browsers often spawn tabs in separate processes, but they *should* all have the same process name!)

So right now, I cant think why it wouldn't work, but it should be pretty simple to recreate it here if its a general issue - I'll give it a go.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
JaxK49
New User

Post by JaxK49 »

Sorry about long delay in replying.

Thank you for your reply, I think I need to add something to my original post that I missed.

I had YouTube open in one tab, but I opened another tab with (I think) Google search.
The volume was a bit high from the YouTube tab so I tried to turn it down using a mouse key combo I had set up. I set the wheel to adjust volume in combo with one of the side buttons. This had no effect on the volume (unless in the YouTube tab) and only acted as if I had pressed the button on it's own; which in this case was the Back button.

I hope this extra info is useful.

Jax.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I think maybe a screenshot of your setup, or something might be useful - as what your saying does not make much sense unless Ive missed something obvious. It sounds like you may have managed to create a profile for a specific browser tab (its possible but not simple so I'd be a bit surprised, but I don't understand otherwise how different tabs/pages could work differently.

It might also be useful to turn on debug logging (settings -> updates & logging tab) and then try again - reproduce the issue (select the non-youtube tab and press the buttons) and then send me a copy of the debug log. It might help see whats going on. Ideally, make a note of the time that you press the buttons so I can narrow it down in the log (its very verbose!),

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)