x-mouse non working after unsuspend

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dacstyle
New User

x-mouse non working after unsuspend

Post by dacstyle »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: installe
Windows Version: 11
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX ergo
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i5, 32gb ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): This is a fresh install of windows and XMBC
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Fresh install
How long have you used XMBC?: I use this software since many many years ago
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:
Spanish

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

XMBX works perfectly after install, but every time I'm go out and the computer enters in suspension mode, it stop working after unsuspend. I'm using additional buttons 3 and 4 for copy/paste.
The additional buttons of the mouses will work as default (back / forward) until I setup any other function and then back to copy/paste.

I think this is something relate to this particular mouse (ERGO MX connected by bluetooth), because I have the very same issue if I uninstall XMBC and install the official logitech software.

Maybe this is a mouse related or windows 11 related issue (first time using both).
phil
Site Admin

Re: x-mouse non working after unsuspend

Post by phil »

I don't think its a bluetooth mouse issue or a Windows 11 issue. This has been an ongoing thing with XMBC where occasionally this happens (although if you can reproduce it every time maybe its a different problem, or maybe you will be very useful in helping diagnose the problem!

I suggest you try running 2.20 beta (can be found in the beta thread here) because I have certianly made improvements since 2.19.2 and added some extra logging to try and narrow down any remaining issues.

For what its worth, I have both a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and Windows 11 and it does not happen to me very often (in fact I don't think its happened since I upgraded to Win11) and I always suspend my laptop and away it every day. I am running the latest beta though!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Wonko
New User

Post by Wonko »

I think I have this problem as well, although it does not happen consistently after every resume. Darn, now I cannot even remember if I had to hibernate my PC, or if going to energy save mode was enough. Probably yes. Happened about once per day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Anyway, I just want to tell that I tried the beta, and it did not happen again yet. That was maybe six weeks ago.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

For what its worth, I sleep my desktop and work and my laptop at home (Win 10 and Win 11 respectively) every day - and I used to have the problem occasionally but not obviously reproducible with XMBC - some changes were made to XMBC that defiantly improved things - and while I can't remember exactly when, 2.19.2 is getting quite old now and I'm fairly sure its since!

I really need to get round to releasing 2.20 officially rather than have everyone using the beta - its as stable as any (and probably more tested than any prior) release so maybe I should get it out ASAP!!

I have a Logitech mouse M720 connected via bluetooth on my Win11 laptop and a wired MX518 on my Win10 desktop at work and its been a long long time since I noticed a problem, but I cant claim its completely fixed. Normally enable/disable XMBC (I have a keyboard shortcut to do that) will fix it when/if it does go wrong.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)