Mouse Fails to Grab Edge of Window Instantly - Help

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

Mouse Fails to Grab Edge of Window Instantly - Help

Post by xlook »

Hi guys.. I'm having to wait a long time for my mouse to grab the edge of a window like excel or windows explorer. I have to wait 2 - 3 secs before it grabs it. In Device Manager under Events tab it says "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." How do I fix it so that it grabs it instantly?
xlook
Dedicated

Re: Mouse Fails to Grab Edge of Window Instantly - Help

Post by xlook »

xlook wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:47 am Hi guys.. I'm having to wait a long time for my mouse to grab the edge of a window like excel or windows explorer. I have to wait 2 - 3 secs before it grabs it. In Device Manager under Events tab it says "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." How do I fix it so that it grabs it instantly?
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

Bump.
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

bump...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You can bump all you like, I don't know what you expect to get here.
Firstly, you didn't bother with the post template - which frankly, dramatically reduces my will to even bother replying (why should I bother when people can't even follow the most the basic of the rules - and more to the point, actually make an effort to remove the template questions!?). OK so I know you use XMBC but I cant be expected to remember all the answers (windows version, XMBC version etc.) from an older conversation. The new post template is there for a reason and that is NOT to just delete it!

Secondly, this appears to be nothing to do with XMBC from your description. I have no idea what "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." means but I know for sure its not a message from XMBC.

Thirdly, not that it really matters, its not something I have ever seen!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm You can bump all you like, I don't know what you expect to get here.
Firstly, you didn't bother with the post template - which frankly, dramatically reduces my will to even bother replying (why should I bother when people can't even follow the most the basic of the rules - and more to the point, actually make an effort to remove the template questions!?). OK so I know you use XMBC but I cant be expected to remember all the answers (windows version, XMBC version etc.) from an older conversation. The new post template is there for a reason and that is NOT to just delete it!

Secondly, this appears to be nothing to do with XMBC from your description. I have no idea what "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." means but I know for sure its not a message from XMBC.

Thirdly, not that it really matters, its not something I have ever seen!
Is bumping against forum rules? I didnt see it in the rules.

Anyway heres your requested info....

XMBC Version:

Installed or Portable version:
Installed

Windows Version:

Mouse Information (brand/model):
logitech M500

Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
intel i5, 16G ram

Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
No

Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
no

How long have you used XMBC?:
6 years

What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:
english

As for the error: "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" just ignore that. Its not relevant to the issue. Looking forward to your next reply in helping with my situation.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

xlook wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:07 pm Is bumping against forum rules? I didnt see it in the rules.
No its just really (and surly obviously) annoying and rude. Especially 3 times in 24hours! Consider it added to the rules!
xlook wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:07 pm As for the error: "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" just ignore that. Its not relevant to the issue. Looking forward to your next reply in helping with my situation.
Thanks for the information.

As I said earlier, I've not seen this before and I can't see how XMBC can have this effect unless you have some strange setup on the left button that could be causing delays.

1. Have you disabled/killed XMBC to see if it makes any difference?
2. What button mappings have you made? Maybe if your using something like chording or button held on the left button I could see a problem (because button chording/button held has to hold the click until it knows your next intention - but I would strongly recommend that you don't do that on the left button for many reasons, including this sort of thing!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:51 pm 1. Have you disabled/killed XMBC to see if it makes any difference?
2. What button mappings have you made? Maybe if your using something like chording or button held on the left button I could see a problem (because button chording/button held has to hold the click until it knows your next intention - but I would strongly recommend that you don't do that on the left button for many reasons, including this sort of thing!
Hi phil,

Yes when I disable XMBC the problem goes away. Very good! What I did was untick the block/delay in the button chording settings for a particular app. All is good. Thanks Phil.