Volume Control issue with 2.20 Beta 4

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Stumpii
New User

Volume Control issue with 2.20 Beta 4

Post by Stumpii »

XMBC Version: 2.20 Beta 4
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: Win10
Mouse Information (brand/model): MSI DS100
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): N/A
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Yes, 2.19.2 to 2.20 b4
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: Long time
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: ENG

Config: Right Button button chording named 'change volume'. Wheel Up: Media - Vol Up, Wheel Down - Vol Down

Issue: In 2.19 one mouse wheel notch equaled 2% volume inc/dec. In 2.20 one mouse wheel notch equals 20% volume inc/dec. Noticed as soon as I upgraded without making any other config changes and unable to see any options that would affect it, mouse wheel appears to be working as before for all other windows, so downgraded and works as expected.

Thanks for the great program!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Volume Control issue with 2.20 Beta 4

Post by phil »

Strange, one notch for me goes from 32 to 38, so that would be 6% I guess... Not sure how you could be getting 20%, and as far as I know, there have been no intentional changes in that area (although its been a while so I'd have to go check all the commits!)

I will also have to compare on my system with 2.19.2 (that's easy) but the right click chord change volume is one of the most used things I do with XMBC so I would like to think I would have noticed a significant difference like that... I presume you have just mapped the chorded scroll to volume up/down?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

On second thoughts, its possibly related to this:

Code: Select all

#717 - Fixed issue with scrolling to change volume when mouse is in high resolution scroll (smooth scrolling) mode.
[/color]
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
seregadushka
New User

Post by seregadushka »

please solve the problem. Version 2,19,2 is a regular mouse, without drivers.
The name won't tell you anything. I searched the Internet myself, they don't seem to have a website. It has been discontinued, and with this name, the ends of this mouse cannot be found ==> WARSHIP GM-150. 7 buttons. A regular mouse, plus 2 side, plus 1 (double click).

I am interested only 2 sideways buttons in the browser (Chromium). They are busy under ("Forward"-"BACKWARD"). This is nothing new, a regular mouse with side buttons without soft.
The "Forward" button works fine. The "BACK" button works only 2-5 minutes after turning on the computer (last Windows-11.22000.556). Then it doesn't work, but when pressed, there is a reaction (sound, EveyLang flashes the language indicator) . There is no "BACK" transition in the browser and Explorer, but there is sound. The installation of layers and browser profiles does not affect.
There is not mehanical problem/

Look at the "BACK" button, maybe you will fix it in the next version of the program.
seregadushka
New User

Post by seregadushka »

with great difficulty, I found a small link to 2.20b4 ! And I must to report you that my mouse is working now !

I also understand that I'm asking the impossible. After all, the "FORWARD and BACKWARD" buttons should work without any soft. I don't understand how your program works! She restores , what should work without her!
I don't even require anything from this program (no layers, button reassignments, and help in games), but it solves my problem! Restores this cheap mouse ! I hope this effect will continue. After all, in version 2.19.2, both buttons also work at first. I hope version 2.20 b4 is much better.
seregadushka
New User

Post by seregadushka »

No, while I was writing this post, the BACK button did turn off . How can this be? It's a computer, either it works here or it doesn't
seregadushka
New User

Post by seregadushka »

All OK. I find problem . This Program EveryLang was killing button4 . Tnx. All Works