Programs do not show held button indicator

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
rdanielb
New User

Programs do not show held button indicator

Post by rdanielb »

XMBC V2.19.2
Installed version
Windows 11
Mouse marvo m720w
i7 11th, 16 ram:
Several weeks of use XMBC

Hello. I have assigned the wait button function to several buttons, something very useful about this function is that it shows some circles that indicate what action will be executed if I stop pressing the button at that moment, that's great. The problem is that there are programs like Excel (never), Photoshop (never) and Word (sometimes) where these little circles do not appear.

On the other hand, I think it's great that after executing an action, a small message is displayed that communicates what function has just been performed, this would be very useful for those of us who use the button hold function. This is just an idea, it may not be possible to apply it, but I wanted to share it.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Programs do not show held button indicator

Post by phil »

Hi,

XMBC modifies the default windows cursors to add the circles. Unfortunately, if a programs has its own custom cursors, XMBC can not modify those - it has no knowledge of them. Excel (for example) uses a custom cross cursor when over a worksheet. This can no be changed - but if you use the cursor over the ribbon or text input field about the worksheet, to will see the circles.

I don't think there is anything I can do about that but I will add it to the issues list and at some point have a look and see if there is any way I can access the cursor resource to modify it.

As for the message - where would you want the message to appear? XMBC could create a little popup notifier window I guess (A bit like the volume overlay window when you change volume) or it could send a windows notification (although those tend to get hidden very quickly).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
rdanielb
New User

Re: Programs do not show held button indicator

Post by rdanielb »

Hi friend. I think that the ideal would be for it to be as a tooltip. It would be better if it was displayed somewhere around the pointer after the action is performed. If it can't be placed around the mouse, then the idea of it being like the volume overlay window is also great. The amount of time, the message and the position (up, down, etc) would be set by the user.

I've been using XMBC for almost a month now and productivity wise your software is amazing. Thank you for your work, friend.