XMouse Button Control and tray hide icon

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gazda
New User

XMouse Button Control and tray hide icon

Post by gazda »

Version X... XMouseButtonControl 2.19.2 Portable

I bought a new mouse today, otherwise ASUS, but it sucks. I wanted to reprogram the side buttons, forward / backward. I found your program and it works OK. I like.

But I have another problem. I don't want a tray icon on the taskbar. I know there is in Windows itself which shows / hides the icons. But it doesn't work because I have it set to always display all the icons. If I enable that, then in the tray it shows me that llama arrow for hidden icons. Let's let it go.

I'm wondering if your program can write remap functions of 4 and 5 buttons to the registry? If so, please for instructions? If not, maybe in the next version of your X program you would add the option to hide the icon in the tray?

A program that hides any icon, including its own, is also considered;)

I know I'm complicating things, but life would be boring;)

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMouse Button Control and tray hide icon

Post by phil »

You can already hide the icon!
Right click the icon, and select Hide Icon.
It will go away. To make it come back (or to configure XMBC, run the program again - even though it is still running, it will cause it to show the setup screen).

If the icon comes back, (it might) I think there is a setting in the XML file (settings.xml) to permanently hide the icon - it is not exposed in the GUI because its generally not a good thing to hide it completely as it means you cant easily access XMBC settings or see the status.

No you cant write to the registry to remap buttons - XMBC has to be running because it has to intercept the messages and change them.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gazda
New User

Re: XMouse Button Control and tray hide icon

Post by gazda »

Thanks for the extremely quick and helpful response. I apologize for opening the topic for this, I could try the right click ;)

We sometimes have solutions in front of our noses ;)

Thank you and best regards