FPS DROP WHILE PLAYING WITH SIMULATED MACRO'S

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
odxvirus
New User

FPS DROP WHILE PLAYING WITH SIMULATED MACRO'S

Post by odxvirus »

I am using x-mouse button control v2.16.1 with high-realtime priorities but still lagging what do you think is the causes?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
AMD RADEON TM R5 M430 GRAPHICS
8192MB RAM

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)
phil
Site Admin

Re: FPS DROP WHILE PLAYING WITH SIMULATED MACRO'S

Post by phil »

What is lagging? XMBC? The mouse cursor? the application (game) you are running?
And why 2.16/x? That's rather ancient now!

I assume as you mention FPS, its a game that is lagging? Well XMBC will be taking a little processor time away from the game in order to do this thing - but XMBC is very light weight so I wouldn't expect it to be noticeable in games, unless you are spamming the game with too much input which the game itself cant handle.

What game? How much lag?

I doubt there will be much anyone can do about this - you could try reducing the priority of XMBC so it takes less away from the game (if its really causing FPS to drop in the game).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
odxvirus
New User

Post by odxvirus »

What is lagging? XMBC? The mouse cursor? the application (game) you are running?
And why 2.16/x? That's rather ancient now!

Its not totally lagging but sometimes it does. SPECIAL FORCE GAME FPS GAME this game is low graphics but still lagging sometimes.

2.16 ver because when i add application it's add the main game and its works in simulated macro but when i use the latest xmouse i can't add it because its not the main directory of the game, i cant use macro. I use {holdms45}{lmb} macro in my handgun so that i can rapid fire. that's the only macro i use in xmouse nothing else but im lagging when i click the button with simulated macro. What priority should i go? normal above normal? because i try below normal and it seems the xmouse doesnt work correctly btw thanks for replying phil :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its not totally lagging but sometimes it does. SPECIAL FORCE GAME FPS GAME this game is low graphics but still lagging sometimes.
Just to be clear, as I'm still not entity sure what you mean by lagging, is it:
  1. The game slows down (less FPS) when the macro is running? (sounds like this to me)
  2. the mouse cursor does not move smoothly anymore (jerks) or buttons take longer to respond?
  3. Something else?
2.16 ver because when i add application it's add the main game and its works in simulated macro but when i use the latest xmouse i can't add it because its not the main directory of the game, i cant use macro.
Are you saying 2.19.2 does not work the same as 2.16 worked? If so, that sounds like a bug that may need investigating... It should not matter what directory the executable is in - XMBC looks at the process name (or process's EXE name) to determine what profile to switch to - it should not matter the directory of the EXE file!
What priority should i go? normal above normal? because i try below normal and it seems the xmouse doesn't work correctly
Priority - I usually run at real-time or above normal to try and prevent XMBC from lagging - but if XMBC is taking too much time away from the game, try normal. Having said that, with an I7, it really shouldnt be a problem - XMBC is pretty light weight and does not use much CPU and your game will be almost certainly only using one core anyway. What does task manager say (CPU usage) when in the game?
--[ Phil ]--
odxvirus
New User

Post by odxvirus »

Are you saying 2.19.2 does not work the same as 2.16 worked? If so, that sounds like a bug that may need investigating... It should not matter what directory the executable is in - XMBC looks at the process name (or process's EXE name) to determine what profile to switch to - it should not matter the directory of the EXE file!

-Update I just install the latest xmouse again and I dl the mirror link surprisingly it worked but still i get minor screen freeze no more fps drop any more what should I do? I do high and realtime and I got sudden freeze screen sometimes.

Just to be clear, as I'm still not entity sure what you mean by lagging, is it:
The game slows down (less FPS) when the macro is running? (sounds like this to me)
the mouse cursor does not move smoothly anymore (jerks) or buttons take longer to respond?
Something else?

- I think the xmouse is lagging when i close xmouse and play the game it doesn't screen freeze so i think its the xmouse

sorry for my bad english xD thanks philll!!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I understand about the English - don't worry, but I need to try and decode what you mean - sorry for all the questions.

Sorry I wasn't as clear as I could be, I was trying to work out what was lagging - the game, the mouse cursor etc. NOT what is causing the lag (at this time) and as you say the screen freezes, so I take that to mean the game (FPS) is lagging or now freezing.

This lag/freezing may be caused by XMBC but I was really trying to work out exactly what you were saying, because frankly, XMBC doesn't usually do this.

So now the next question...
Does this freezing (or FPS drop out) ONLY happen when you are running your macro?
If you are not running the macro, is everything OK, but when you run the macro it starts to break?
Or is it seemingly random?

And can you confirm your macro (precisely)? What send method are you using (is its a repeating method? - these do take more resource).
In fact, even better, save your profile using the save profile button and send me a copy of the file (PM or email it to me).
And can you try turning OFF "Enable profile switching on mouse move" and "Make scroll wheel scroll wheel under cursor" because these are probably the two most CPU heavy functions in XMBC so they may make the difference.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
odxvirus
New User

Post by odxvirus »

Thanks Phil for understanding.

How do i send the profile? I cant put links here

For now I'm using normal priority I think its fine now :)) but still high and realtime priorities is the best priorities imo but cant change it because of the fps lagging.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You should be able to attach it to a PM (private message), if not, attach it to an email to me (I'll PM you the address in case you cant figure it out :)
Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
odxvirus
New User

Post by odxvirus »

how's the profile? did you receive it? is there any problem with my settings? anyway THANKSS JUST NEED AN UPDATE :)) not rushing hehe
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Got the email - haven't had a chance to look yet - I'm rather busy at work during week days...
I'll let you know once Ive managed to have a look!
--[ Phil ]--
odxvirus
New User

Post by odxvirus »

updaaaateee? :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I cant see anything obviously wrong, you have turned off pretty much all the settings on the general tab, so anything that's potentially using more CPU (like Enable profile switching on mouse move) is already off. So not a lot more I can think of to try and optimize in there!

I don't have (and haven't heard of) specialforce so I can try it in game though (is that a free game I can install to test?)
--[ Phil ]--