Simulate keyboard press and mouse movement

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
GeekyBlinder
New User

Simulate keyboard press and mouse movement

Post by GeekyBlinder »

Hi ,

First post here, been using xmouse button for a few years now.

In a game I play I have to press the 'E' key and then move mouse up or down to apply top/bottom spin

Would it be possible for a mouse button to simulate 'E' pressed and mouse y axis moved up or 'E' pressed and mouse y axis moved down.

Even better would be the above functions working on the scroll wheel.

Many thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulate keyboard press and mouse movement

Post by phil »

You can move the pointer but only to a fixed pixel position, and I'm not sure the game would register that (or any injected movement).
You can try it though - perhaps using a "during" sim key setup which repeats the movement up one pixel maybe every time it repeats...

Does E need to be held down during the movement?

If so - maybe this will work: (Use Method 6, repeat while button is held down)
{OD}{PRESS}e{OR}{MADD:0,-1}{OU}{RELEASE}e

It "works" here in notepad - but not sure if the game will register is as I say. You may also need to increase the -1 (thats up one pixel) to -5 or something.
And maybe play with the repeat delay.

You may be able to do this on the wheel scrolling - but its more complicated because the wheel is not actually a button... There is no concept of pressed or released, and thus no concept of "during", XMBC can "simulate" that concept, using the "Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" but it probably wont be reliable and knowing when to trigger the E may be a problem.
EDIT: No the {OD} {OR} {OU} tags don't currently work with the scroll wheel (as there is no concept of down, up or repeat - so thats out.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
GeekyBlinder
New User

Re: Simulate keyboard press and mouse movement

Post by GeekyBlinder »

Thank you for the detailed reply, I will do some testing and get back to you and let you know how it turns out