Amazing !

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Keyes
New User

Amazing !

Post by Keyes »

Phil,

Thanks so much for making this amazing program, it is truly a wonder and immensely useful.

Happy New Year to you and all involved. :cheers:

I have about a dozen newbie questions, so I think I'll hold off until next year. In the meantime, I'll keep experimenting, reading the docs and the archive of Q and A's here.

Well, maybe one question: I had made a 3-Layer Custom Profile. When I use Layer 2, I see a little "2" in a small box trailing behind my Mouse cursor; When I use Layer 3, the trailing box is a "3". This is great for me.

I do not see that box however, when I use Layer 1. (Not a complaint). I am just starting out, learning about switching Layers. I also notice Layer 1 does include a "Disable" check-box under the "Layer Name".

I was thinking of avoiding Layer-1 all-together while I am experimenting and learning about switching Layers.
Is there any reason to NOT avoid using Layer 1? Is it a requirement?

I have just copied All from Layer 1 to Layer 2, so functionally, all seems fine.

using latest v.2.19.2.

-K
phil
Site Admin

Re: Amazing !

Post by phil »

The layer number does not display layer 1 as its the default - and the intent is to show when a layer other than the default is in use.

I don't see any reason why you cant avoid using layer one, other than the fact that layer one would be the layer it defaults to (although when restarting XMBC it *should* remember the last layer used and default to that. The only check box on layer 1 is to disable the layer when using the next/previous layer commands (hotkeys or button mappings) - You probably want that ticked!
And the disable check box does NOT get shown for layer one (is that what you meant?), again because its the default and you cant disable the default the way things currently work - but again, it may not be necessary.

The only issue would be if XMBC does not correctly remember the last layer used when restarting I guess (and it *should* do that)!

Regards,
Phil.

PS. Thanks for the appreciation message and Happy New Year to you too!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)