Left and Right Mouse Button Failure

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
crackback
New User

Left and Right Mouse Button Failure

Post by crackback »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10 Pro x64 (19044.1415)
Mouse Information (brand/model): iMICE x7
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ, ram - 24 Gb
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): -
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): -
How long have you used XMBC?: about 6 months
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: ENG/RUS

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
Hello to all.
If I little click on the additional keys (4 and 5) that I programmed, the problem rarely appears, but if I actively click on them, then the left and right buttons of the mouse stop working, and stops working not everywhere, but only in the "start menu" of Windows 10, also to the right of the "notification" start, the "start menu" and "notifications" interface itself open, and nothing is pressed inside them, in some games the same trouble, at the moment I have one solution, I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, I click on any item and the keys start to work, some kind of miracle, did anyone come across this and how to solve it?

P.S. I tried running as administrator, it didn't help, I thought the keys would stick, but no, it's something else ...
phil
Site Admin

Re: Left and Right Mouse Button Failure

Post by phil »

Not entirely sure why you mean by little and active click? A click is a click is a click!
However, it sounds like something (whatever you have mapped) is getting "virtually" stuck down - and that's why CTRL+ALT+DEL clears it (as it flushes any input buffers).

You didn't specify what you have mapped buttons 4 and 5 to, so I can only guess...Which is a little pointless!
Is it mapped to a simulated keystroke? If so, what keystroke(s) and what "send method" are you using.

A little more detail is required please....

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
crackback
New User

Post by crackback »

I still cannot insert pictures here, so I took a screenshot and uploaded it to the file hosting service, only the spaces need to be removed from the link.

Code: Select all

imgur . com / L9uAiDG
The screenshot actually shows how I programmed the keys 4 and 5, it is there at the beginning of "{CLEAR}" or not, no difference, even just substitute a number for execution, the keys will still stick in a certain place, stick like the mouse settings in the operating system, but it is disabled and sticks, as I wrote earlier, not everywhere, this phenomenon appeared only after this program, it may even be a matter of the mouse, but if the program can be reconfigured somehow, it would not be bad, the program is cool, thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Instead of {CLEAR}{LMBD}{LMBU}{WAITMS:56}4 have you tried just {LMB}{WAITMS:56}4
I don't know why you would need to do LMBD and LMBU specifically and that's what {LMB} on its own does.
Should make any difference but worth a try!
--[ Phil ]--
crackback
New User

Post by crackback »

The fact is that once I already did this, at the very beginning, as soon as I downloaded this program, there is no difference and I stopped to enter something, so I still need to think about what the sticking of the main keys is, I have already bypassed the settings, nothing helps ...

And I would also like to leave a wish, in the settings (advanced section) there is a parameter that ignores clicks for a certain time, and so this parameter ignores not for a certain time, but until you stop clicking, I consider this a bug, because if in When you click games, it will extend this pause until you stop clicking, but it is necessary that the pause ends after it starts after the specified time.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The fact is that once I already did this, at the very beginning, as soon as I downloaded this program, there is no difference and I stopped to enter something, so I still need to think about what the sticking of the main keys is, I have already bypassed the settings, nothing helps ...
Well you didn't tell me that so how was I supposed to know? I'm afraid, if your going to drip feed a little extra information in every reply, then its going to make this rather difficult!

When you say you have "already bypassed the settings" - do you mean your have used the "Bypass all actions when scrolllock is on" to disable XMBC using SCROLLLOCK key?

When XMBC is disabled, it does not react to any button presses (but if it has already sent the buttons/keys to the keyboard buffer in Windows causing them to get stuck, disabling XMBC will not automatically un-stick them)
And I would also like to leave a wish, in the settings (advanced section) there is a parameter that ignores clicks for a certain time, and so this parameter ignores not for a certain time, but until you stop clicking, I consider this a bug, because if in When you click games, it will extend this pause until you stop clicking, but it is necessary that the pause ends after it starts after the specified time.
I'm not sure which setting you are referring to - do you mean the debounce setting? If so, this is intended to try and fix faulty buttons (that have dirty contacts causing the signal from the button to bounce on and off and therefore repeatedly send many up/down/up/down/up/down messages. In this situation, XMBC does not know if YOU have stopped clicking or the mouse button has told the system you have stopped clicking when really you are still pressing it. This option is intended to get the system to ignore multiple repeated clicks within a short period of time (that can happen if your mouse button is faulty). It should not be used for any other purpose (and it only works in some situations - its near impossible to do this kind of filtering in user mode and not in the driver (kernel mode) as the user mode timing is unreliable and depends on the windows scheduler - nothing can be done about that without writing a full on driver (which is not practical or even possible for me to do)).

Are you suggesting that your mouse is actually faulty - do buttons get stuck/repeated randomly when XMBC is not even running?

Your screenshot suggests you are using simulated keystrokes method 1 (pressed).
That send method executes as soon as the button is pressed - it doe snot do anything while you are clicking. So as soon as the button is pressed, it will send LMBD, LMBU, WAIT 86ms, 4. The sequence will take about 90ms to execute. There is nothing in there that looks to see when you release the button (because you cant do that with method 1 (pressed).

Where as your last comment suggests you want to to this while HOLDING the button (send method 3). Its not clear to me exactly what you are trying to achieve!
--[ Phil ]--
crackback
New User

Post by crackback »

Well you didn't tell me that so how was I supposed to know? I'm afraid, if your going to drip feed a little extra information in every reply, then its going to make this rather difficult!
Sorry, I just don’t know what information is still needed to solve by the one that I first gave and how I programmed the keys (I didn’t see any sense about this initially, since any bind leads to sticking, it’s a matter of time), so I wrote everything so confused for you ...
When you say you have "already bypassed the settings" - do you mean your have used the "Bypass all actions when scrolllock is on" to disable XMBC using SCROLLLOCK key?

When XMBC is disabled, it does not react to any button presses (but if it has already sent the buttons/keys to the keyboard buffer in Windows causing them to get stuck, disabling XMBC will not automatically un-stick them)
No, these settings are always disabled for me.
I meant that I tried all the items in the settings with a similar description in order to avoid sticking or freezing.
Maybe you need to show something else from the settings, so you write me what specifically, this is your program, you know it like your 5 fingers, not me. :)
This option is intended to get the system to ignore multiple repeated clicks within a short period of time (that can happen if your mouse button is faulty).
I need a certain programmed key to pause for 500ms or 1000ms, this setting pauses for a given time, but!
But not quite as I need it, I can press accidentally during a pause and the pause is extended for the same amount of time, and so constantly until you wait completely for the pause, it would not be bad to see the second version for this parameter, for a simple pause with a timer, and not with a timer and its resumption at the next mouse click, you know?
Try to enable this parameter and flood by pressing for more time than a pause, after the specified time in this parameter the bind will not work, but I need it to work.
I don’t know English, I write through a translator, I try to write as much as possible with meaning, so I apologize.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I guess the translator is probably not helping quite as well as it could here, which does make understanding the exact problem / requirements a little difficult. I wonder if there is someone else here that speaks Russian and know XMBC who could help!

However, I think I have got it this time...
crackback wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:44 pm I need a certain programmed key to pause for 500ms or 1000ms, this setting pauses for a given time, but!
But not quite as I need it, I can press accidentally during a pause and the pause is extended for the same amount of time, and so constantly until you wait completely for the pause, it would not be bad to see the second version for this parameter, for a simple pause with a timer, and not with a timer and its resumption at the next mouse click, you know?
So the problem is that while XMBC is pausing in {WAITMS} if you press the button again (accidentally or on purpose)...
XMBC does not just extend the pause, it will also send all the other "keys" in the sequence again (so it should also be sending the {CLEAR},{LMBD}, {LMBU} and 4, not just repeating the delay. NOTE that {CLEAR} does not clear anything other than {CTRL}, {ALT}, {SHIFT} keys - I wonder if you wanted it to flush/abort the previously executing sequence?

However, XMBC does all of its simulated keystrokes in a separate thread, but that thread is queued (ordered), so clicking the button again just adds the simulated keystroke commands to the end of the queue. They do NOT run in parallel, so the second press of the button should simply add more commands to the end of the queue, and that will get processed once the original sequence has been processed (e.g. after the 4 key is pressed/released). This means that they keys *shouldn't* get stuck... but as they are, maybe something else is going wrong!

So what I think you want, is when you press the button the first time, it ignores any other presses until it has finished executing the sequence?
Like a tick box "Ignore button presses while simulated keystroke is still executing"?

Or, do you want it to actually stop/abort the currently executing sequence and start again? If I were to just stop/abort/flush the queue, that is when you are more likely to get keys stuck, because if you had the delay between {LMBD} and {LMBU}, LMB could get stuck down if aborting during the delay (so the LMBU never gets sent!!)
--[ Phil ]--
crackback
New User

Post by crackback »

I wanted something like this from the bind:
LMB pressing (released immediately)
+ delay of 60-100 ms (it's just that the ping is high in the game, and if you don't make a delay, the next key won't work!)
+ pressing a specific other number key.

Due to the fact that this happens in a game where it is difficult to control emotions, I start to "spam" with clicks, it would not be bad to come up with something so that the combinations are performed linearly, and in the future they do not interrupt the main mouse clicks.