blade+ soul goes w/incompat guard to disallow

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Astara

blade+ soul goes w/incompat guard to disallow

Post by Astara »

This is from most recent Blade and soul version -- they have a new player harasser. Gameguard -- prevents XMBC from working by hiding h
the process so it can't inject keys anymore..... Sounds very draconian -- only mise that might work are ones that put the expansion in hardware before the mouse read.

If by chance a fix comes up for this, please send a personal email, since I am not going to wait with 'bated-breath' for this fix. Thanks for the many years.

If it is being disabled in so many places, why not open source it so others, including me, might be able to find a problem around this!

Thanks!

All 3rd Party Macros that requires a process handle to post/send messages is no longer working with GameGuard due to GameGuard hiding the process handle. So that is why the X-Mouse Button Control is no longer working. However if you own a mouse that has it's own software such as Razer or Logitech you are still able to use the mouse provided macros as they work differently to the 3rd party ones, however just because it works doesn't necessary mean it's allowed, so if you decide to buy a mouse with such feature, use it at your own risk.
phil
Site Admin

Re: blade+ soul goes w/incompat guard to disallow

Post by phil »

XMBC just uses Windows hook - SetWindowsHookEx() and the SendInput API's so anything that blocks simulated (injected) input is not going to get past most of these anti-cheat programs. And frankly, I don't blame them for blocking - because cheating is so much of a problem.

If you really want to avoid the cheat detection, then probably some external device emulating a HID device (keyboard/mouse) will be the way to go - just plug it in and it will act like a keyboard - of course, much more complex than XMBC but its pretty much guaranteed to get around any software cheat detection (unless of course they recognize device ID;s but they could probably be randomized!)

One day XMBC will be open sourced - but I have other priorities in life these days - one reason XMBC hasn't even had a minor update in almost two years - finding the time is increasingly difficult (another good reason to open source it I know!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)