Curiosity about some tags

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
nibsrs
New User

Curiosity about some tags

Post by nibsrs »

I am using 2.19 Xmouse, and right now I am using a config I got from someone else.
It's working fine but I have no idea what does some tags means, can you guys help me out?

{LMB}{MACRO}{MWDN}{TILTR}{DETTS}{NITROX8}

The lmb tag is the only thing I know.
Thanks guys
phil
Site Admin

Re: Curiosity about some tags

Post by phil »

{MWDN} is mouse wheel down
{TILTR} is tilt right (mouse wheel again)

I have no idea what {DETTS} {MACRO} or {NITROX8} is - and I wrote the software - they ware NOT tags XMBC will recognize!

So with that sequence, I'd image XMBC will just do LEFT BUTTON, SCROLL MOUSE DOWN, SCROLL MOUSE RIGHT
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
nibsrs
New User

Post by nibsrs »

phil wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:28 pm {MWDN} is mouse wheel down
{TILTR} is tilt right (mouse wheel again)

I have no idea what {DETTS} {MACRO} or {NITROX8} is - and I wrote the software - they ware NOT tags XMBC will recognize!

So with that sequence, I'd image XMBC will just do LEFT BUTTON, SCROLL MOUSE DOWN, SCROLL MOUSE RIGHT
lol This is weird.
But for better clicks, I wanted to use only {LMB} with option 6. The problem is I get too much lag when I try to use it in some games, anyway I can use {LMB} and get rid of this lag?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Lag in what sense? the actual clicks being sent or something else?
Try adjusting the auto repeat delay - don't use ZERO (0) as that tells XMBC to use the windows default delay between repeated keys which is quite large (especially for the first repeat - like holding a key on your keyboard).

If that makes no difference, there are several things to try... Firstly the LMB may be executing TOO quick for the game to recognize so although it seems weird, sometimes a bigger delay is better - play with the repeat speed and you could also try adding a delay in the sequence itself eg {WAITMS:50} for a 50ms delay.

There is a "default" delay applied to all simkey keys - that's configurable in the global settings advanced settings tab (delay between simulated keystrokes) check that's not too large (probably is OK at between 1 and 5 ms.

Thirdly, what spec is your machine - you didn't fill in the post template (grrrr next time read the posting rules and fill out the predefined template - please!!) so I don't know. But although XMBC is pretty light weight, if your CPU us rather busy servicing the game, XMBC may not get a look in in time (the windows scheduler can be a bu**er). Make sure you run XMBC in realtime process priority in the advanced settings "CPU Priority".

On top of that, having tags that are not valid in the sequence could be causing no end of confusion so I'm not sure how XMBC would handle that - so yeh, best remove those!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
nibsrs
New User

Post by nibsrs »

phil wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:56 pm Lag in what sense? the actual clicks being sent or something else?
Try adjusting the auto repeat delay - don't use ZERO (0) as that tells XMBC to use the windows default delay between repeated keys which is quite large (especially for the first repeat - like holding a key on your keyboard).

If that makes no difference, there are several things to try... Firstly the LMB may be executing TOO quick for the game to recognize so although it seems weird, sometimes a bigger delay is better - play with the repeat speed and you could also try adding a delay in the sequence itself eg {WAITMS:50} for a 50ms delay.

There is a "default" delay applied to all simkey keys - that's configurable in the global settings advanced settings tab (delay between simulated keystrokes) check that's not too large (probably is OK at between 1 and 5 ms.

Thirdly, what spec is your machine - you didn't fill in the post template (grrrr next time read the posting rules and fill out the predefined template - please!!) so I don't know. But although XMBC is pretty light weight, if your CPU us rather busy servicing the game, XMBC may not get a look in in time (the windows scheduler can be a bu**er). Make sure you run XMBC in realtime process priority in the advanced settings "CPU Priority".

On top of that, having tags that are not valid in the sequence could be causing no end of confusion so I'm not sure how XMBC would handle that - so yeh, best remove those!
First I am really sorry!! My first intention with this post was only to clarify the tags, but next time I'll for sure fill the template I promise.

The lag I mean is exactly the first you mentioned "the LMB may be executing TOO quick for the game to recognize", and I tried different delays, but never higher than 20ms. I'll test it out.

Also, about my cpu is a FX8300, it's a weak cpu but ok for the game and xm.
Thank you for the answer anyway!