Any Way to Middle Button Movement Scroll Fluid?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

Any Way to Middle Button Movement Scroll Fluid?

Post by xlook »

Hi.. is there any way to make the middle button movement to scroll fluid? It feels too unnatural and sticky.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Any Way to Middle Button Movement Scroll Fluid?

Post by phil »

If by middle button, you mean just the normal scroll wheel, then no, I don't think so; XMBC only sends/uses the same messages as Windows uses - so it will still scroll in the same units as Windows. There may well be other tools that can do it (or have more precise smooth scrolling) but not built into XMBC I'm afraid (I think to get real smooth scrolling, each individual app has to handle/support it - its not really a system wide thing in Windows (AFAIK)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:09 pm If by middle button, you mean just the normal scroll wheel, then no, I don't think so; XMBC only sends/uses the same messages as Windows uses - so it will still scroll in the same units as Windows. There may well be other tools that can do it (or have more precise smooth scrolling) but not built into XMBC I'm afraid (I think to get real smooth scrolling, each individual app has to handle/support it - its not really a system wide thing in Windows (AFAIK)
Hi Phil,

Just so we're on the same page, by middle button I mean click down on the middle button then a circular icon with up and down arrows appears. And move the page in any direction. Would like to know if fluidity can still be added to the feel. Let me know. Thanks phil.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ohhhh OK so I wasn't on the same page :D
Have you tried "Change Movement to Scroll" in XMBC - if you set the middle button click to that - it may be better / more configurable than the built in Windows scrolling (which seems to be fairly smooth to me)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)