Keys "sticking" after chording and layer not persisting upon restart

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
bluexdoor
New User

Keys "sticking" after chording and layer not persisting upon restart

Post by bluexdoor »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Kensington slimblade, Final mouse ultralight 2
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 6700k
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: Couple days
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

The first problem is buttons sometime get "stuck" after chording randomly. For example, if I'm chording button 1 followed by button 2 and release both button, button 1 is still registered as being held indicated by the button being highlighted in orange on the XMBC interface. This is also evident when a button like LMB is stuck on held and it starts highlighting stuff with mouse movement. To unstick the held button, I generally need to click the stuck button again. Otherwise the button stays held and any other buttons pressed afterwards is recognized as chording with the stuck button. I thought it had to do with how fast I was pressing and releasing the chording action but it happens randomly whether they're slow releases or a quick chording. I have the chording settings on default with unblock at 750 milliseconds.

The second issue is current layer not being remembered after windows restart even though the box is ticked on the setting.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Keys "sticking" after chording and layer not persisting upon restart

Post by phil »

First one - is there any warnings or errors in the log, if not we may have to turn on debug logging to see what is going on).
Second one - odd - I'll have to find some time to investigate. It maybe that the setting isn't working as intended (I don't use it so I probably wouldn't notice!) EDIT: I can confirm its not working here either... I'll add it to the list of things to look at and fix!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
bluexdoor
New User

Post by bluexdoor »

I opened up the log file and did a ctrl f for error and found

"Unable to find the default settings file ... (pathing) ... (Error code 2: The system cannot find the file specified. )"

a couple times early on in the logs but that seemed to cleared itself as there are no more of these errors later on.

Then this error appears many times and I see it on the most recent dates

"StopQTTimer: Unable to delete QueueTimer 997 (0x00000004) as it is executing. The timer will be cleaned up when execution finishes. (0xb42f9eb0)
(Error code 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. )"

When I ctrl f for warning I find this

"Warning: Low Level Hook Timeout is low. If you have problems try increasing this value."

This one seems to happen with during windows startup.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK those are fairly innocuous - nothing to worry about (the early errors are probably before you setup/saved the configuration hence XMBC not finding it).

I'm not sure about the StopQTTimer error - that might be something I need to look at... The timers are used to schedule something to happen (usully in another thread to save the main hook thread's workload). In these cases, the time has been aborted but not before it has started executing (hence the message). It is possible it may be related!

Can you send me the log just in case there is any indication exactly which timers I need to check!

The warning should not be important - although it might be worth a try increasing the hook timeout (advanced settings -> increase from 200ms to say 500ms) reboot (I'm afraid) and see if it helps.
--[ Phil ]--
bluexdoor
New User

Post by bluexdoor »

I've sent you a pm with the log file
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Just had a quick look, and timer 0x04 is the chording timer - so maybe this is a sign of the problem...
Will need to get my head really into it - which I wont be able to do immediately.... I'll get back to you when I have more/need anything.

Actually, to add, in the meantime, it would be useful if you could enable debug logging (logging/updates tab) and try and see if it locks up with that turned on - if it does, make a note of the time and send me the debug log (and time) - its the same file with much more in it!.
NOTE: Debug logging turns itself off automatically when XMBC restarts.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
bluexdoor
New User

Post by bluexdoor »

Okay, thanks for the quick responses.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Just in case you missed my edit...
phil wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:29 pm Actually, to add, in the meantime, it would be useful if you could enable debug logging (logging/updates tab) and try and see if it locks up with that turned on - if it does, make a note of the time and send me the debug log (and time) - its the same file with much more in it!.
NOTE: Debug logging turns itself off automatically when XMBC restarts.
Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--