Profile That Works with All Applications?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
StrawberryFields
New User

Profile That Works with All Applications?

Post by StrawberryFields »

XMBC Version:

Windows Version:
Windows 10.

Mouse Information (brand/model):

Relevant Connectivity Technology Wireless, Bluetooth, USB
Brand Rapoo
Compatible Devices Laptop, Personal Computer
Model Name MT750S
Special Feature Rechargeable

Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc)[/b]:
Reasonable computer specs from 2015.

Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
No.

Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
No.

How long have you used XMBC?:
Three days.

What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:
English, US.

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I intend to use this program for some mouse re-mapping to help with a disability. However, my use case is such that I do not want automatic application switching. I would rather have every mouse profile work like the default mouse profile and just toggle them on and off manually as needed. Is there a way I can do this? I suppose I can just install multiple instances of XMBC Portable to have access to multiple default profiles but I wanted to check if there was a more efficient way of doing things?

Thank you for all of your help.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Profile That Works with All Applications?

Post by phil »

You can save your profile and switch between different ones using the load profile button - that would be better I think that having multiple copies.
And you could use the layers feature - to have up to 20 different default profiles (20 layers) that you can switch between with hotkeys or by using the contect/app menu on the XMBC icon in the system tray?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
StrawberryFields
New User

Thank you for getting back to me, friendly busy developer man.

The issue I'm having is that the software seems to want me to pick one specific application to work with each mouse profile.

So for instance, say I have one profile that switches the buttons on the side of my mouse to F3 and F4.

Suppose I have another profile that makes my right-click be alt-f4 to close a bunch of windows and the profile moves my right-click to the side mouse button normally assigned to F3. I want both these profiles to work with all applications. If I want a profile to work with all applications, the best course of action is to make that profile a layer in the default profile? Am I understanding you correctly, good sir?

When you go to choose the applications for your profile, is there a button that corresponds to wanting all applications to work with this profile?
StrawberryFields
New User

Trying out multiple layers now. So many wonderful settings! I like how customizable the program is. Question: When I right-click on the tray icon to switch layers, is there any way I can get the program to show the name of the layer because I'm just seeing number labels which might be hard to keep track of if I have 10 layers?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oh I'm genuinely not sure about that... I guess not.
Perhaps it wasn't done because if the names are long it would look weird/break the menu....

But I'll add it to the todo list - don't know how I missed that over so many years lol.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
StrawberryFields
New User

You are the best. Thank you for your reply. I'm having one more issue with the simulated keypresses not registering correctly but I will start another conversation to keep the conversations separated on the board.