Keyboard simulations do not work

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
MyopicHuman
New User

Keyboard simulations do not work

Post by MyopicHuman »

2.19.2:
10:
Logitech Play Collection M325c Mouse:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32.0 GB
:
no:
no:
not long:
english, standard:

I map the right mouse button to the "r" key (simulated) and hit apply. It doesn't change anything. Not sure what else to try. I JUST installed this program, so please forgive.:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard simulations do not work

Post by phil »

Sorry, not a lot to go on there. I have no idea why it wouldn't work at all.... Unless its a configuration issues, I'd expect some change (like for example the right button no longer being right click). So it doesn't work at all in any programs (like notepad)?

Probably the best option right now would be for you to enable debug logging (settings->Logging & updates tab) OK and APPPLY that, then press the right button a few times in various programs, then send me a copy of the debug log file (can be accessed from the same tab). Otherwise, its complete guess work with very little to go on.

I'm away this weekend though so I probably wont be able to get back to you until Monday earliest, unless its really obvious (and simple to fix) whats going on from the log!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
MyopicHuman
New User

Post by MyopicHuman »

worked
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK thanks for the detail!!
What did you do to fix it? - I'm only asking because others may benefit by sharing this knowledge!
--[ Phil ]--
MyopicHuman
New User

Post by MyopicHuman »

phil wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am Sorry, not a lot to go on there. I have no idea why it wouldn't work at all.... Unless its a configuration issues, I'd expect some change (like for example the right button no longer being right click). So it doesn't work at all in any programs (like notepad)?

Probably the best option right now would be for you to enable debug logging (settings->Logging & updates tab) OK and APPPLY that, then press the right button a few times in various programs, then send me a copy of the debug log file (can be accessed from the same tab). Otherwise, its complete guess work with very little to go on.

I'm away this weekend though so I probably wont be able to get back to you until Monday earliest, unless its really obvious (and simple to fix) whats going on from the log!

Regards,
Phil
Oh, and thank you.
MyopicHuman
New User

Post by MyopicHuman »

phil wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:02 pm OK thanks for the detail!!
What did you do to fix it? - I'm only asking because others may benefit by sharing this knowledge!
I just put it in debug mode like you said.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK putting it in debug mode shouldn't fix it, just make it log more information, that can be used to find out why it is not working.
Also note that debug mode will automatically turn off (as it slows things down a lot - which I suppose could make a difference here maybe).

If it stops working when debug mode is disabled, let me know, otherwise it sounds like it simply hadn't properly applied the settings!
--[ Phil ]--
MyopicHuman
New User

Post by MyopicHuman »

I reset everything and now it's working outside of the debug mode. Not sure what's going on, but it sounds like you're right.
/shrug