Mouse Wheel remapping doesn't work with Microsoft Teams App

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Almo
New User

Mouse Wheel remapping doesn't work with Microsoft Teams App

Post by Almo »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2 (x64)
Windows Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Mouse Information (brand/model): Steel Series Rival 600
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel i9 32 GB RAM.
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: 5 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US English

I'm using XMBC to remap mouse wheel up to down, and down to up. I learned to use "natural" scrolling on OSX where the wheel is the content, not the widget. And Windows hides that setting in the registry, and I don't have admin access on this PC.

The problem I am having is that when XMBC is set to do this, Microsoft Teams won't scroll at all with the mouse wheel. If I set XMBC for Teams to "no change", then it will scroll (but the wrong way). It works fine for everything else.

I should note it works fine with the web version of Teams, but there are some reasons I prefer to use the native app.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Wheel remapping doesn't work with Microsoft Teams App

Post by phil »

Rather that remap the scroll wheel, does it work if you tick the "Invert mouse wheel" on the scrolling tab?
Another option, for the teams profile, have you tried the other (5) scroll methods (again on the scroll tab).

When you remap (change the dropdown) XMBC rejects the message and injects a new message. Some applications don't always respond to injected messages. Scroll is even more complicated as there are so many different ways applications can be scrolled, and each application behaves differently - and its a bit of a nightmare as already there are 10's or exceptions for specific windows hard coded into XMBC - but teams wont be one of them - its too new. The exceptions basically automatically select a scroll method that is known to work, so you can probably find a working option on the scrolling tab (not guaranteed but hopefully!).

If non of the invert/scroll methods work, I'll have to look more deeply into it - and if it needs a change to XMBC itself (if its possible), then it won't be quick I'm afraid. I also need to know exactly what window in teams you are having problems with (as I don't use teams much and I'm not all that familiar with it).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Almo
New User

Post by Almo »

Oh man, I never saw the "scrolling" tab. Works great, thanks so much for the quick response, and interesting explanation. I totally don't blame you for not having put an exception in yet for Teams. :)

I'm a veteran developer and not afraid to admit I'm embarassed by not having seen it. Great product, thanks again. :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No problem - glad that worked :D
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)